Honeywell Senior Project Manager in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Project Manager is responsible for providing the detailed project management discipline that is necessary to maximize performance on new product introduction (NPI) development projects. The product may be software, hardware, or a combination of hardware and software. This involves creating complete project plans, collaborating with functional managers to ensure availability of resources, working with product managers to develop product plans, and tracking performance against targets. This position requires substantial experience in the management of medium-to-large sized commercial product development projects, and a demonstrated track record of project management success in a matrix organization.
The Project Manager is expected to lead several small to mid-sized projects or one large project with little supervision. At times, the NPI project may consist of several individual projects that are part of a complete product solution. The Project Manager may be asked to lead the development effort and coordinate the individual project managers that contribute to the overall solution set. The Project Manager also participates in efforts aimed at improving Honeywell’s Product Development Process.
• Manage individual software and/or hardware projects, following Honeywell’s Product Development Process for New Product Introduction. • Software product development will utilize Agile software development methodology.
• Responsible for developing detailed project plans specifying: project goals, objectives and strategy, technical scope, key milestones, staffing requirements, budget, risks, contingency plans, and allocation of resources. • Lead the project team in identification of key project risks and develop robust contingency plans. Responsible for developing & implementing creative approaches to solving issues and to make intelligent trade-off decisions. • Lead the cross functional project team to deliver project on-time & on-budget. • Collaborate with Product Managers to develop clear, measurable and achievable product requirements. Manage requests for changes from original requirements in an organized manner. • Coordinate assignments of cross-functional project personnel (Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Services, QA, Legal etc) for the project team. • Prepare status reports and keep the development team, functional managers and executive team informed of project status and key risks. • Administer and manage business relationships with external resources such as design firms, consultants, and partners. • Collaborate with the project delivery team to present project gate materials for approval at the executive level.
Basic Qualifications: • BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline. • Five or more years of experience in software product development, project management, or product field engineering.
• Four or more years of product-oriented project management experience.
• Experience in agile software development
• Knowledge of agile development for software • Scrum Master Certification • Outstanding leadership and organizational skills. • Outstanding planning and time-management skills; attention to detail. • Outstanding interpersonal and collaborative skills. • Strong communication (verbal/written) skills. • Ability to multi-task & perform under time pressure. • Ability to work well in new and undefined environments. • Ability to work with global development teams • Ability to travel globally as needed
Competencies: • Results oriented • Initiative • Decisiveness • Decision quality**
• Teamwork • Attention to communication • Integrity and Truth
Title: Senior Project Manager
Requisition ID: 00353763