Honeywell Sr Manager - Flawless Launch - Product Support Engineering (PSE) in Phoenix, Arizona
Sr Manager - Flawless Launch - Product Support Engineering (PSE)
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Sr Manager - Flawless Launch Leader – Product Support Engineering
The PSE team is responsible for executing APQP and Flawless Launch Process. PSE will be driving linkage between E&T and ISC to ensure Flawless Launch. This is newly formed organization to drive culture change of launch on time with zero PPM. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong engineering, quality and operations background. Strong leader who is willing to take challenge and be part of culture change process. Intent of this position is to provide strong support to engineering team by performing DFMEA, APQP tasks and working closely with cross- functional team ISC, Quality, Program Management and engineering to execute Flawless Launch Process. Position requires interacting various product groups during product launch process to facilitate and execute DFMEA, KCC, lessons learned to achieve Flawless Launch and related milestones such as On- Time Launch, PPAP etc.. Position reports to Director of Strategic Processes and Continuous Improvement. This position also requires to work closely with Tier 2 leaders to deploy and execute Flawless Launch process for New Products.
Description and Responsibilities of Position
- Manage Team of Launch Engineers
- Work with Tier 2 and Tier 3 leadership to deploy and Execute Flawless launch Process.
- Develop the Product Support Group
- Drive staffing, knowledge transfer and training of APQP | Launch Engineers
- Drive HPD and MRR
- Define goals aligned with Program management, Eng’g and AME activities
- Develop succession plan
- Train E & T engineers on Flawless Launch and APQP process and tools.
- Ensure they use correctly the tools following the defined process
- Align the team and process to Aerospace requirements and ensure best practices are applied – coordinate with the other regions as well as project engineers
- Upgrade the process if required
- Develop synergies and share best practices between segments and other APQP teams
- Actively participate in worldwide joint development of APQP and Continuous improvement processes.
- Challenge AE, PE, ME and SBM to mitigate risks
- Documentation & Application of APQP Processes
- Work closely with Program Managers to prepare and review projects to ensure on-time launches (OTL)..
- Manage Escalation Process among the groups
- Collaborate with Project Engineer to elaborate and finally validate
- Participate in IPDS phase gate and provide acceptance or rejection statement
- Review and approve documentation before any phase exit or launch:
- Ensure for all launches supplier readiness, manufacturing readiness is done by collaborating with AME, Quality, PM and Plant
Lead task force team if required
10 Program Management
10 Team Management
30 Product Launch
40 Drive APQP and DFMEA process
10 Internal Customer Support
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Science or Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of experience either in engineering, quality or manufacturing in an Aerospace or Automotive environment
- Masters Degree or MBA is preferred
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Six Sigma Green Belt, Design for Six Sigma, Black Belt certification is preferred.
- Beneficial to have either mechanical engineering or electrical engineering degree
- Business acumen knowledge of current and emerging practices, methods, and information relating to discipline and application within the industry
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Strong management operating system that facilitates communication
- Ensures that departmental core competencies include continuous PE skill development.
- Understand of business objectives and more importantly the ability to interact with our customers
- Work with functional leaders to prioritize resources and implement project objectives.
- Persuade to influence other to accept new concepts, practices, and approaches
- Significant experience in engineering, strong leadership profile, team builder for APQP, motivator, facilitator for key project reviews
- Fluent with APQP Tools
- Excellent Communication skills, train and coach Team & Platforms on complex processes
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Technical understanding of Aerospace industry or automotive industry and how it works.
- Knowledge of corrective action process, process control plans, PFMEA and gauge R & R.
- Knowledge of APQP, product launch and SPC tools.
- Ability to audit and challenge team.
- Understanding of risk analysis.
- Detail understanding of Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to use influencing skills to accomplish goals and objectives.
- Able to manage multiple priorities.
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Remote Access Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD73
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Phoenix, AZ 85027 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.