Honeywell Senior Systems Engineer in Phoenix, Arizona
Senior Systems Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
The Control SystemsPropulsionand Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) systems teams are looking for Engineer I, Engineer II, Engineer III and Senior Engineers.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Proposal, design, development, qualification, field support of all control system aspects of propulsion and auxiliary power unit turbine engine control systems. Responsible for meeting all program objectives, supporting new product proposals, establishing hardware and software control system requirements, collaborating with controls hardware and software suppliers, managing fielded controls products – driving both reliability and cost. This position supports all IPDS phases from concept development through production and field support.
There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
Locations: Greater Phoenix, Arizona or Tucson, Arizona.
Apply engineer knowledge, tools, and principals to developsystems
Design high tech systems to integrate homes to manage comfort, efficiency and cost
Innovate and design systems to safely deploy military overseas
20 Requirements Analysis
20 Systems Design
20 systems Integration
20 Budget/Schedule responsibility
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
- Aerospace Engineering experience 1-8 years with strong Project execution abilities
- Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Electronic Control Systems development experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.Technical skills including estimating, planning, design, certification and support of engine control systems and familiarity with the aircraft installations and regulations
- Experience in all phases of system and/or software life cycle development from customer requirements to completion of validation and verification activities.
- Experience in product development processes used for Controls products for turbo-machines or related complex systems (cabin pressure, motor controls, power generation management, etc.)
- Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
- Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
- Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems and related components
- Experience with development of closed-loop control systems
- Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
- Control system integration and test experience in lab or flight test environments
- Hands-on experience of Simulink, WebPTS and DOORS
- Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
- Strong diagnostic and debugging skills
- Experience with lab and test equipment, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, symbolic debuggers and simulation tools
- Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
- Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
- Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Tenacity in meeting project objectives
- Strong problem solving skills
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD10104
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 111 S 34th St., Phoenix, AZ 85034 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.