Honeywell Inspector III (FAA/ODA) in Phoenix, Arizona
Inspector III (FAA/ODA)
00351290 Inspector III FAA/ODA -Phoenix, AZ
Reporting to Honeywell America’s Distribution Center Quality/HOS function in the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC).
You will maintain the Quality Management System and will assume Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) Unit Member Inspector role. Hours will vary between 1st and 3rd shift 10-12 hour shifts. The shifts will range 3 day (12s) 4 day (10s) 5 day (8s).
- Work effectively with the FAA, ODA Unit Members and organizations Engineering staff and other departments
- Complete the Manufacturing Designee Seminar administered by the FAA to become an authorized Unit Member of the Honeywell FAA ODA organization
- Attend recurrent training on a three year cycle to maintain authorization as an ODA Unit Member as well as additional Honeywell ODA training
- Issue FAA Authorized Release Certificates (FAA Form 8130-3) for Domestic or Export
- Maintain and improve the QMS (Quality Management System) for compliance to regulatory approvals (AS9100, FAA)
- Develop, maintain, and improve local procedures and processes'
- Conduct internal audits following regulatory, industry & internal quality guidelines
- Conduct process audits and follow up closure of open audit findings
- Maintain archiving process & record storage
- Train employees on QMS & audit preparation
- Implement sustained Root Cause & Corrective Action (RCCA)
- Perform product and supplier quality function as required
- Inspect aerospace product to ensure conformity to Type Design and safe operation
- Comply with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations and Honeywell ODA Manual requirements.
You Must Have:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Organization Designation Authorization (ODA) Inspector or ability to attain certification
- 3+ years of experience as an FAA designee or, company Aerospace inspector or, FAA manufacturing inspector
- Familiarity with Aerospace products
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Experience in the aerospace industry + Knowledge of Quality Management System applicable to the manufacture and maintenance of aerospace products (e.g. AS9100) + Experience with Quality Control tools, processes/methods and techniques related to Aerospace products + Ability to read and understand technical data including Type Design data such as Blue Prints, Drawings, specifications and
airworthiness related regulations + Basic understanding in the use of measuring equipment + Ability to read and understand English (Both verbal and written) + Experience in dealing with regulatory agencies and/or requirements + Prior or current Airworthiness Designee certification (ODAR / DMIR / DAR/ DER) + Strong knowledge of SAP + Green Belt or willing to achieve
All applicants for placement in DOT/FAA safety-sensitive positions will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test, testing for Amphetamines, Cocaine, Marijuana, Opiates and Phencyclidine (PCP). The DOT/FAA regulations require all employees, regular and temporary, in safety-sensitive positions, to be included in the Honeywell Anti-drug and Alcohol Misuse Prevention Plan.
- Job ID: 00351290
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.