Honeywell Engineer III Systems in Phoenix, Arizona
Engineer III SystemsThe engines control system group provides opportunities for career development in a variety of areas such as: project roles, control system logic development, customer integration, system bench test, engine and flight test support, component development, and other areas. This current position is in the Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) Control Systems group.
- Establishing functional, performance, design, and substantiation requirements for APU control system components including electronic controllers, sensors, valves, fuel controls, ignition systems, and electrical harnesses.
- Integration testing and analysis of the components at the engine/APU control system and aircraft level.
- Project and supplier management activities including supplier selection, supplier performance (schedule and cost), and review/approval of supplier technical data.
- The candidate must also focus on the importance of customer responsiveness, meeting program milestones on schedule, emphasizing product cost and cycle time while improving product quality.
- Production/field support of existing products may be required. Activities involve supplier engineering change review/approvals along with U.S military and/or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification of supplier design changes, improvements, and transitions.
Key success factors during the next 6 to 18 months:
- Technical/Professional: Develop a broad knowledge of engine control systems and adept at problem solving; effective decision making and innovation.
- Customer Satisfaction: Driven to product improvement; responsive; has a service mentality; achieves quality results.
- Teamwork: Facilitate interpersonal relationships, team building, and resolve conflicts tactfully and effectively. Must promote customer satisfaction with capability to establish strong business and interpersonal relationships with customers and suppliers including internal Honeywell Aerospace centers of excellence (COE).
- Initiative/Performance A self-starter who can perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision and is interested in expanding his/her capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- 4 years aerospace control system development experience.
- Due to export restrictions, candidate must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident of US.
- Knowledge of developing electronic controller requirements for hardware I/O, control logic, BITE, digital interface, etc.
- Familiarity with requirements and configuration management tools and processes, such as,
- MATLAB Simulink (logic development)
- DOORS (requirements management)
- Clear Case (configuration management)
- Clear Quest (change management)
- Formal change management processes.
- Possess knowledge of ARP4754A, DO160, DO-178B/C, and DO-254 for airborne electronic hardware
- Basic understanding of gas turbine engines is desirable.
- Interpersonal skills to work with cross-functional teams.
- Promote customer satisfaction with capability to establish effective working relationships with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with some supervisory oversight and is interested in expanding his/her capabilities.
- Communication Skills: Effective communicator (verbal and written).
- Job ID: 00358324
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.