Honeywell Engineer III Systems in Phoenix, Arizona
Engineer III SystemsPipeline - Systems Engineer
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
The Control Systems (CS) and Displays & Graphics (D&G) CoEs, part of the Electronic Solutions (ES) Strategic Business Unit within Honeywell Aerospace carries out design and development projects for the majority of Honeywell Aerospace’s product families providing a wide variety of hardware and software solutions.
Key areas of focus are:
Control Systems: Fly by Wire and traditional Flight Controls, Auto Pilots, Environmental Control Systems, Cabin Pressure Systems, Inerting Systems, Propulsion Engines, Auxiliary Power and Sensors.
Displays and Graphics: Hardware and software related to Display’s systems, LCD Displays, CDU/MCDU, Advanced Graphics Hardware, Touch Screen Controller, Synthetic Vision, INAV (Terrain, Weather, FMS Map), 2D/3D Moving Map, Data Driven Charts, Graphical Flight Planning, and Uplink Graphical Weather.
These positions will be located in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, Toronto, Canada or Tucson, Arizona.
The CS and D&G teams are looking for Engineer I, Engineer II, Engineer III and Senior Engineer positions within the following disciplines:
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management of a development project including planning / estimating scope, schedule, cost, technical, resources, risk management, and execution.
• Overall technical coordination and leadership of design, development and change activities within the engineering team to ensure that all customer and internal requirements are being addressed.
• Project focal point with all internal departments such as Program Management, Manufacturing (AME / ISC), Engineering, Product Assurance, Supplier Management, Contracts and Quality
• Technical point of contact with our customers and suppliers
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
• Aerospace Engineering experience 1-8 years with strong Project execution abilities.
• Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
• Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
• Tenacity in meeting project objectives
• Strong problem solving skills
Additional Qualifications Desired:
• Electronic Control Systems development experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
• Experience in all phases of system and/or software lifecycle development from customer requirements to completion of validation and verification activities
• Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
• Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
• Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems, flight control systems, display and graphics, and related components
• Experience with development of closed-loop control systems
• Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
• Control system integration and test experience in lab or flight test environments
• Hands-on experience of Simulink, WebPTS and DOORS
• Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
• Strong diagnostic and debugging skills
• Experience with lab and test equipment, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, symbolic debuggers and simulation tools
• Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
• Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
• Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
• Some travel required depending on position 10%
• As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce
- Job ID: 00353477
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.