Honeywell Engineer III Software in Phoenix, Arizona
Engineer III SoftwarePipeline Software Engineer
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
The Control Systems (CS) CoE, part of the Electronic Solutions (ES) Strategic Business Unit within Honeywell Aerospace carries out design and development projects for the majority of Honeywell Aerospace’s product families providing a wide variety of hardware and software solutions.
Key areas of focus are:
Control Systems: Fly by Wire and traditional Flight Controls, Auto Pilots, Environmental Control Systems, Cabin Pressure Systems, Inerting Systems, Propulsion Engines, Auxiliary Power and Sensors.
These positions will be located in the greater Phoenix, Arizona area, Toronto, Canada or Tucson, Arizona.
The CS team are looking for Engineer I, Engineer II, Engineer III and Senior Engineer positions within the following disciplines:
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for software specification, design, development, documentation, testing
• Integration of embedded application (written in C, C++, or ADA)
• Debugging of integrated code on a Software Test Bench
• Development of a build environment for the 68332, MPC555, MPC566, and/or MPC5554 environment
• ARINC 429 serial communications timing and development
• Script/Tool Windows development to support build environment, source code data manipulation
• Use of configuration tools such as ClearCase, ClearQuest, and/or RCS
• Software build and delivery activities
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
• 1-8 years of related Aerospace Engineering experience with strong Project execution abilities.
• Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
• Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
• Tenacity in meeting project objectives
• Strong problem solving skills
Additional Qualifications Desired:
• Electronic Control Systems development experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
• Experience in all phases of system and/or software lifecycle development from customer requirements to completion of validation and verification activities
• Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
• Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
• Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems, flight control systems and related components
• Experience with development of closed-loop control systems
• Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
• Control system integration and test experience in lab or flight test environments
• Hands-on experience of Simulink, WebPTS and DOORS
• Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
• Strong diagnostic and debugging skills
• Experience with lab and test equipment, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, symbolic debuggers and simulation tools
• Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
• Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
• Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
There is no relocation assistance offered with this position.
- Job ID: 00353476
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.