Honeywell Director HS&E in Phoenix, Arizona
The Director, Environmental Compliance and Sustainability will work directly with Aerospace Senior Leadership, Corporate HSEPS staff and the Aerospace HSE&F Leaders to develop and deploy processes to promote the development of the HSE&F Department as an effective HOS organization. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and execute a Global Environmental Strategy that is designed to ensure compliance with both Honeywell HSE Management System, HOS and regulatory requirements at all locations.
- In concert with the Corporate HSEPS Sustainability, execute a Global Sustainability Strategy that is designed to ensure compliance with both Honeywell HSEPS Management System and regulatory requirements at all locations to drive continuous improvement in Energy and Water consumption, Greenhouse Gas emissions, and Waste generation.
- Utilize HOS to develop, deploy and continuously improve common operating systems and tools to increase efficiency and effectiveness of Honeywell’s environmental and sustainability programs.
- Monitor emerging environmental issues that that could impact Honeywell Aerospace operations, summarize the potential impacts, and identify actions required to respond to, or prepare for the identified impacts.
- Assess environmental training needs for Aerospace global operations and insure that targeted, timely and effective environmental training is presented throughout the world by qualified instructors.
- Actively participate on media specific environmental teams, including utilizing HOS and Lean tools to develop and execute a risk-based continuous improvement strategy.
- Engage in the development, publication and maintenance of Environmental Level II Standards.
- Work in concert with Corporate HSEPS Environmental to assure consistent and effective auditing of regulatory requirements and Honeywell Environmental Level II Standards.
- Participate on Aerospace HSE pre-audit reviews to prepare sites for Corporate HSEPS audits.
- Work collaboratively with Aerospace HSE&F Leaders to provide environmental compliance assistance and subject matter support. Assist in resolving potential non-compliance, enforcement actions or litigation regarding environmental matters.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in environmental sciences, engineering, or related field.
- 12 years progressive experience in Health, Safety, Environment and Sustainability
- Minimum of 7 years leadership experience
- Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements WE VALUE:
- HSE and Sustainability compliance and management systems auditing experience.
- Knowledgeable concerning HSE and Sustainability Regulations and trends.
- Strong influencing skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt certification desirable.
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed and possess business/financial acumen.
- Must be customer focused and be a strategic thinker. Must have ability to lead change and have strong consultative/influencing skills.
- Must have broad knowledge of Honeywell policies, procedures, and processes, governmental HSE and Sustainability regulations and requirements and emerging global requirements.
- Must have demonstrated success in developing and leading teams, developing strong partnerships with businesses, and developing people.
- Must have demonstrated ability to influence business, functional and site leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, verbally and in writing.
- Able to interact comfortably with business and operations leaders to establish credibility and influence where necessary.
- Must have ability to set strategic direction and manage resources required for implementation.
- Knowledge and management experience with global aspects of HSE and Sustainability.
- Job ID: 00354212
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.