Honeywell Production Scheduler in Overland Park, Kansas
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Plans, prepares, issues, and controls production schedules and material requirements based on analysis and interpretation of data from complex, integrated computer software programs to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements. Manages departmental metrics and initiates improvement activities.
- Executes plan developed by Master Scheduler
- Evaluates/analyzes, approves and applies complex planning messages generated from the planning system based on a master production schedule, shop load, and inventory requirements. Identifies impact to the schedule and negotiates with Master Scheduler, Team Manager and/or other Schedulers
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed.
- Identifies raw material and component requirements for production schedules. Ensures components are available to meet weekly schedules. Expedites, if required, through Purchasing, Receiving Inspection or other Material Control Analysts.
- Coordinates interdepartmental activity with Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Inventory Control, and Program Management. May provide guidance to Operations Team Manager, Material Control Analysts, Planning Specialists, and Planning Specialists (Sr.).
- Confirms material supply and demands. Evaluates and corrects impact of imbalances.
- Manually releases Production IDs and rework PIDs as needed.
- Maintains due dates, component lists and operation lists on Production ID's.
- Analyzes inventory usage, scrap, yield and coordinates any appropriate action.
- Participates/leads Dispatch/Production status meetings and schedule recovery planning.
- Plant resource for planning activities (subject matter expert).
- Drives change to improve business processes.
- May perform other duties as required.
Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
35 Executes Master Scheduling Plan
20 Monitors Production Levels
20 Reports and Publishes Metrics
25 Initiates Improvement Activities
You Must Have
- Bachelors Degree
- US Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Experience in Purchasing, Inventory, Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems
- Ability to gather, analyze, manage and make recommendations using data and database information
- Effective oral, presentation and written communication skills
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: req116594
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.