Honeywell Buyer II in Overland Park, Kansas
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
In Kansas City, Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S.Department of Energy’s National Security Campus, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
The Buyer II plans and executes the procurement of standard and custom materials and/or services, which may be designated as sole or single-source items, designed, manufactured, or specified exclusively for the Federal Manufacturing & Technologies (FM&T). Negotiates directly with suppliers; completes in-depth price analyses, marketplace surveys, and sole and single-source justifications; develops formal negotiation plans; implements quality requirements; resolves exceptions to FM&T terms and conditions; and has the possible involvement with cost and pricing data and cost accounting standards. Transactions may exceed $1,000,000 with a high level of complexity being exhibited on a portion of assignments. Develops and executes a procurement strategy that provides the best value and complies with approved Procurement processes and work instructions.
Summary of Duties:
• Performs all procurement activities and administers purchase orders in conformance with the FM&T's purchasing
procedures, policies, and work instructions by analyzing ; which may be designated as sole or single-source items,
designed, manufactured, or specified exclusively for the Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T).
• Negotiates settlements on rejected material and claims resulting from purchase order changes or terminations.
• Evaluates requisition requirements and determines correct procurement vehicle/method.
• Reviews, analyzes, and approves supplier invoices for payment when necessary.
• Initiates and coordinates discussions or meetings between suppliers and FM&T departments to resolve procurement-related problems.
• Analyzes pricing, production, and inventory trends to assure competent supply sources and economical procurement, and conducts market surveys to identify new sources of supply.
• Analyzes need and prepares requests for advance procurement authorizations. Prepares reports as requested by management.
• Provides guidance and necessary training to lower classifications in purchasing techniques.
• May serve as a full-time member of respective product teams and be involved with the development and
implementation of strategic supplier management concepts, including process characterization and control,
development of supplier partnerships, and continuous improvements.
• Travels as necessary.
• May perform other duties as required.
20 React to planning messages and/or requisitions
20 Solicit suppliers and place purchase orders
20 Administer and communicate status of existing contracts
20 Drive continuous improvement
20 Manage internal and external customer relationships
YOU MUST HAVE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field; or a combination of Bachelor's degree and relevant experience.
• 1-3 years of related purchasing experience.
• US Citizen and capable of obtaining & maintaining a government security clearance.
- Currently maintains Q/TS SCI security clearance
- Significant experience or degree in supply chain experience
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to interact tactfully with all levels of management and external customers
- Organization skills to manage competing priorities
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Remote Access Required
- Some Travel Required
- Remote Access Required
- Job ID: req114701
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 6700 W 115th St, Overland Park, KS 66211 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.