Honeywell Sr. AME Engineer in Olathe, Kansas
Sr. AME Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Use your advanced knowledge of manufacturing engineering fundamentals to help Honeywell Aerospace deliver innovative solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will work under general supervision and alongside some of the world's most talented engineers. You will be part of a group of highly committed professionals who support current product value engineering and the optimization of the manufacturing process while mentoring more junior engineers.
The Aerospace Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) organization is responsible to partner with Engineering, Program Management and Operations to drive value engineering and new product development initiatives into Aerospace products and services focusing on product cost, manufacturability, and factory readiness. The position will be working with the Connectivity and Safety System group in Olathe KS.
- Evaluation of designed parts
- Conversion analysis
- Continuously monitor and communicate cost to the program team
- Work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Suppliers to design to capability
- Identify concept design short-falls early
- Identify producibility issues in concept baselines
- Identify design improvement opportunities
- Use your advanced manufacturing engineering experience to support development of new products, standards and processes to achieve manufacturing goals
- Refine and expand your supply chain and engineering knowledge by learning from highly experienced engineers and participating in challenging assignments
Positively impact daily production activities and drive improvement in a fast paced, collaborative environment
30 Collaborate with various functional teams
10 Use analytical tools and theories
15 Plan, lead and execute projects
25 Issue identification and analysis
20 Develop new techniques and analytical tools
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Significant Engineering, Program Management or Integrated Supply Chain experience
- Green Belt, DFSS, or Black Belt certification
- Demonstrated ability in using six sigma tools
- Program Management Institute Professional Project Manager Certification preferred
- Significant knowledge of the field's standards and specifications
- Expert Computer literacy
- Ability to focus on important information and identify key details
- Significant relevant manufacturing engineering experience
- Application of advanced engineering techniques to optimize manufacturing processes
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Willingness to consistently take the initiative to get things done
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Some Travel Required
- 1st Shift
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD7791
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 23500 W 105th St, Olathe, KS 66061 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.