Honeywell Supervisor Production- 2nd Shift in Northford, Connecticut
Supervisor Production- 2nd Shift
We are currently looking for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to join us in our Northford, CT facility.
2nd Shift Hours: 3:45pm—12:30am
Honeywell Security and Fire, a division of Honeywell International, is an industry leader in providing cutting edge solutions in intelligent sensing, fire and smoke detection, gas detection products and home patient telemonitoring.
The responsibility of the 2nd Shift Production Supervisor will be to provide overall leadership for the Printed Circuit Board and Final Cell assembly areas of the manufacturing organization and direct supervision of a staff of approximately 75-100 production employees.
• Oversees day-to-day manufacturing operations to ensure that all requirements for safety, quality, delivery, inventory and cost controls are met.
• Responsible for driving productivity improvement for the PCB Manufacturing Value Stream
• Maintains close coordination with Supply Chain, Facilities, and Engineering to ensure availability of materials, equipment and services for the timely shipment of products.
• Coordinates production plans and implement production schedules, ensure the efficient utilization of plant facilities and manpower, and to meet immediate and future customer requirements.
• Applies performance management, coaching, constructive feedback and progressive discipline tools/systems to promote strong individual and team performance and actively support employee development
• Promotes and maintains a safe working environment to minimize employees' exposure to potential hazards, and ensures compliance to defined environmental requirements
• Develops safe and efficient production methods for new products and monitors existing processes to improve product quality and production efficiency.
• Leads and motivates plant personnel to assure attainment of established objectives
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of WIP, consumables and material levels within work centers
• Maintains positive employee relations in a multi-cultural environment
• Ensures all production personnel are trained and qualified for their assigned tasks. Develops and monitors employee cross-training and development plans.
• Maintains daily open 2-way communication with direct reports, peers and leadership
• He/she should be strong analytically and have diplomatic problem solving skills. This candidate must be creative and strive for high levels of excellence.
• Bachelor’s Degree or 7-10 years of equivalent experience
• Some direct supervisory experience (staff or 10 or more)
• Strong experience in a manufacturing organization
• Experience in SMT Electronics Manufacturing and Box Build Final Assembly
• Working knowledge of continuous improvement and statistical tools. Six Sigma experience and Lean, Black Belt or Green Belt certification preferred
• Strong computer skills and proficiency with common business software/database applications
- Job ID: 00356454
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Northford, CT USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.