Honeywell Senior Advanced Software Engineer in Northford, Connecticut
Senior Advanced Software Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
This position will be located at our Honeywell Facility in Northford, CT, working On-Site.Design, document, and implement firmware in the development of new embedded
The engineer will participate in all aspects of the development process, from
initial concept through volume production start-up. The engineer assigned to a
particular project shall play an active role in the development team to ensure
that all areas of development effort remain on schedule and within budget.
Products include fire control and mass notification systems, networked and
expanded through modular components. Product is utilized in industrial and
15 Requirements and design
75 Software architecture and coding
10 Analytical skills & software development skills
· BS/MS in Computer Engineering or BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
· Embedded C experience
· Experience leading technical discussions and review sessions
· RTOS experience
· Embedded Linux development using Eclipse
· HMI Development using QT
· Embedded boot-loader experience
· Advanced computer knowledge (networking/communications/troubleshooting)
· Background knowledge of how to use batch/script files
· Experience with JIRA/JIRA Agile/Bamboo
· Ability to understand and provide feedback of provided schematics
· Prior experience leading other developers through complex projects
· Prior experience with full project scope from inception/requirements to delivery/maintenance
· Experience taking high level concepts and architect manageable system level solutions
· Experience debugging complex problems using ICE or ICDs and standard labequipment
· Experience providing regular project status to marketing and engineering
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Some Travel Required
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD363
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Northford, CT 6472 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.