Honeywell Field Operations Leader in Muscat, Oman
Field Operations Leader (FOL), a role implemented to help our business meet its strategic focus and growth objectives by standardizing the way we operate and manage our labour resources and operational processes.
The purpose of this position is to provide operational support and workforce planning to the Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) service business in a designated region. This role plays a considerable part in enabling the delivery of services to external clients of the HPS service business through scheduling, planning and follow up to ensure that the HPS service business meets it clients needs, estimation support through resource planning and therefore achieves business financial objectives.
- Coordinating field resources for service execution and order to invoice management
- Drive the Honeywell safety culture through demonstrated understanding, commitment and action supporting the organization’s safety and environmental requirements/regulations and ensure Field Service Specialists (FSSs) observe and operate both Honeywell and customer safe systems of work, complying with all legislation.
- Manage the execution and delivery of the spot (small project orders) activity
- Supports service delivery quality and improvements
- Focal point for internal and customer related escalations to support the Field Service Manager (FSM). The FSM is ultimately accountable for the service delivery
- Represents Honeywell in all customer interactions in a professional manner that is consistent with Honeywell values.
- Schedule appropriate resources to provide sales support in scoping and design of service migration opportunities
- Schedule appropriate resources as requested by Project Managers to deliver service projects on schedule and budget (excludes Execution Centre of Excellence (COE) resources)
- Schedule appropriate resources as directed by the Contract manager to enable contract deliverables to be met and update appropriate tools to enable effective activity allocation
- Schedule appropriate resources to enable Spot services to be delivered
- Establish a relationship with Global Engineering Services (GES) for outsourcing packaged work.
- Manage leave & sick leave coverage, and after hours on-call rosters
- Ensure Work Execution planning and ensure correct visas, etc. are in place for foreign workers, in partnership with FSM
- Work with other workforce planners as required.
- Provide SIOP labor planning in line with Backlog and Frontlog to ensure labor resourcing is optimized.
- Identify and maintain a pipeline to a flexible workforce to cover peaks in demand of labour resources
- Time sheet and Expense approval
- Maintain Billability and Utilization of the HPS service workforce levels to agreed targets.
- Maintains and manages the skills database and certification records for the FSS’s in the Region
- Drive scheduling and completion of the training plan (technical and soft skills) for the FSS’s in the Region
- Assist the FSM in driving the Honeywell Performance & Development (HPD) process
Supports the Service Business Manager (SBM) in the rollout of processes, tools and initiatives, including productivity and its tracking
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technology or related field, or 15 years of experienced within Process Automation Industry in Lieu of
- 6 years of industry experience with process controls
- 3 plus years of experience in Honeywell Distributed Control Systems
- Demonstrates a high level of planning & organization skills on a daily basis
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent customer handling skills
- Experience as operations manager/team leader
- Project management experience
- Experience in managing customers
- Experience in managing Spot
- Project management/coordination
- Has dealt with cross-country cultures / multi-language ability
- Green Belt certification preferred
- Experience with SIOP process
- Understanding of customer needs and demands
- Honeywell working knowledge of: Experion, TPS, TDC 3000, C200, C300 including understanding of various software upgrades
- Strong teamwork/communication skills
Click here to learn more about Honeywell Performance Materials & Technology’s business.
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out our One Honeywell Culture video on the Honeywell YouTube Channel.
Is this job not an exact match to what you were looking for? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. For more information, please visit our career site.
Title: Field Operations Leader
Requisition ID: 00355045