Honeywell Engineering Manager, Thermal Solutions in Muncie, Indiana
Engineering Manager, Thermal Solutions
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Lead, develop and motivate a talented engineering team responsible for the developmentof all Engineer To Order projects in the Honeywell Thermal Solutions business group. You will leverage your technical experience and skills to guide your team in the investigation and solution of challenging technical problems. Solutions utilizing multiple products, various control methods and services: Burners, Valves, Gas Trains, Panels, Heat Exchangers, Ducts, air/fuel controls, metering, sensing for ease of installation, start up and commissioning through our combustion services team. You will use your leadership abilities to motivate and energize teams that are designing new or modifying existing products, parts, or processes while using advanced standards, methodologies, and tools. By collaborating with customers and broader engineering teams, you will balance team workload and drive exceptional team performance with high impact for the business.
Influence & challenge engineering teams to effectively solve complex engineering problems
Accelerate innovation and growth while leading a team of talented engineers
Partner with customers and broader engineering teams to ensure the resources and skills needed to drive business growth
25 Team Management
25 Project Performance
25 esign Workload Planning & Execution Oversight
25 Ensure Robust Processes
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Solid knowledge of industrial automation, process control systems, and/or industrial combustion
- Experience with furnace and/or boiler retrofits is preferred. This includes shell plate modifications, refractory repairs, burner mounting, low pressure air and gas piping, combustion air blower mounting.
- Basic electrical understanding for panel/junction box mounting, rigid/flexible conduit sizing and installation, SO/SJO cord, etc.
- Gas piping purging requirements per NFPA 54 and 86 which typically applies to 3” lines and larger.
- Significant experience in project engineering or project management
- PMP certified preferred
- Proficiency with MRP systems (such as JD Edwards, Winman or SAP).
- Results oriented with a willingness to work extended hours to meet project deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or training with Microsoft Access or other comparable databases.
- Experience with Product Data Management systems (PDM) such as SmarTeam or Product Stream Pro.
- Some demonstrated leadership experience in coordinating and overseeing entry to senior level professionals
- Proven track of leading teams to successful project delivery
- Track record of improving team performance and work practice through team coaching
- Competence to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness, even in the face of complexity
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done
Exempt Performance Materials and Technologies
- Relocation Provided
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD8188
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 201 E 18th St, Muncie, IN 47302 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.