Honeywell Sr Software Engineer in Morristown, New Jersey
Sr Software Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Intelligrated is seeking a Software Engineer for our growing team! This is an exciting position and an opportunity to join our Project Software Engineering team based at our company headquarters in Mason, Ohio.
The Software Engineer will:
- Provide software engineering expertise and design skills on assigned conveyor system projects, including controls equipment, components or systems
- Be responsible for the timely execution, as well as the technical quality and functionality of the software design and implementation of assigned systems and subsystems by following technical specifications and design guidelines
- Work under an experienced software engineer on project related tasks that may include researching, designing, writing, troubleshooting, and testing software programs
- Create technical specifications and test plans.
20 Software architecture and coding
20 Customer Support
20 Verification and Validation
20 Ability to code in multiple languages
20 Analytical skills & software development skills
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Understanding various software development lifecycle
- Some relevant experience
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
- Can quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Extensive Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD8524
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.