Honeywell Sr Software Engineer in Morristown, New Jersey
Sr Software Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell International is a $40B+ diversified technology global leader with a long and demonstrated heritage of both innovation and achievement. Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems, and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space, and airport operations.
Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in EnglishThe Control SystemsPropulsionand Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) software teams are looking for Engineer I, Engineer II, Engineer III and Senior Engineer software positions.
Proposal, design, development, qualification, field support of all application software aspects of propulsion and auxiliary power unit turbine engine control systems. Works closely with Engine/APU development teams, program management, and GBE leaders. Responsible for meeting all program objectives, supporting new product proposals, establishing hardware and software control system plans and budgets, collaborating with controls hardware and software suppliers, managing budgets and schedules for fielded controls product improvements. This position supports all IPDS phases from concept development through production and field support.
Their is no relocation being offered.
20 Requirements and Design
20 Feature Definition
20 Ability to code in Multiple Languages
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and able to successfully complete a background check and drug-test
- Aerospace Engineering experience 1-8 years with strong Project execution abilities
- Strong communication skills with ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Familiarity with aerospace industry products, software processes and certification/qualification for both military and commercial applications
- Experience in software development processes used for Controls products for turbo-machines or related complex systems (cabin pressure, motor controls, power generation management, etc.
- Experience with Honeywell or Industry IPDS processes including Phases 2 through 5
- Supports project management/engineering including estimating, planning, design, certification and support of engine controls to drive flawless project execution.
- Proficiency with Software Development tools and specifications
- Work with a cross-functional team using total quality tools and interpersonal skills
- Take prudent risks, use appropriate assertiveness
- Facilitate interpersonal relationships and team building with engine project and test cell personnel and support
- Resolve conflicts tactfully and effectively
- Promote customer satisfaction with capability to establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers, and test and support personnel
- A self-starter who can perform multiple tasks with some supervision and is interested in expanding their capabilities.
- Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Tenacity in meeting project objectives
- Strong problem solving skills
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD10103
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.