Honeywell Software Engineering Manager in Morristown, New Jersey
Software Engineering Manager
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell is a leading software industrial business, harnessing the power of cloud, mobile, data & analytics,IoTand design thinking. With the addition of our state-of-the-art software and innovation center in Midtown Atlanta, we will incubate, deploy and scale breakthrough offerings that will impact the lives of those around us and the world. There is no better time to join our team, showcase your skills and play a key part in advancing our offerings, marketpresenceand culture.
JOIN OUR ATLANTA TEAM AND…
Be the agent of change and a catalyst that is transforming a fortune 100 industrial company into a connected, digital, software industrial leader.
Work collaboratively with like-minded, innovative and passionate people and together bring ideas from inception through to market launch.
Have endless opportunities to progress your career as you develop new offerings that impact a wide range of industries, improve the quality of life, and truly change the world.
If you are a self-lead, energetic professional, thisSoftware Engineering Manageris the role for you. This position is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the software development team across the SPS software platforms and products. Responsibilities include leading software development teams and developing an organization to supporting product solutions across multiple product lines.
As one of the top leaders within the Product Development leadership team, you will build empowered teams with the necessary skills, experience, and domain knowledge to deliver best in class software platforms and applications. You will lead thecreationofnext generationplatforms for the SPS Enterprise Cloud Platform. You will drive change and transformation in engineering teams to embrace agile practices.
- Responsible for development of software and firmware for Connected Products
- Collaborates with Product and Program Managers to prioritize technical risks and integrate user stories into overall program backlog
- Contribute to the technical strategy for how products interact within solutions
- Promote new technologies and innovation in product roadmaps, including creating and leveraging technology partnerships
- Support the Product Managers, Program Managers, and R&D leaders in the on-time delivery of programs.
- Review program portfolio development status on a regular basis.
- Periodic auditing of key programs to confirm the software development status and recommending corrective actions as necessary.
- Conduct Software Development reviews of key programs.
Contribute to the ongoing deployment and evolution of the new Software and Product development process.
50 Product Architecture
25 R&D projects
25 Designing and delivering products.
* YOU MUST HAVE *
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 5 years in a leadership role leading Product Architecture, R&D projects, designing and delivering products.
* WE VALUE *
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience at senior leadership level in managing large, software engineering teams
- Agile software development experience.
- Experience presenting to and dealing with senior management.
- Experience managing multiple and complex business processes.
- Experience in developing products with Cloud, IoT and Mobile technologies.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in program execution which includesin depthknowledge about industry trend, product roadmap, and service offerings.
- Experience delivering projects in an ambiguous or fluidly changing environment.
- Ability to think strategically and set goals.
- Passion to explore opportunities and solutions.
- Experience in driving technical and process change through an organization
- Experience working with remote teams globally.
- Individual must be customer focused and highly team-oriented.
- Results driven with a positivecan doattitude.
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated success in “Matrix” organizations and leadership roles.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Relocation Provided
- Continued Professional Development
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD9433
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.