Honeywell Mobile & UX Software Engineer in Morristown, New Jersey
Mobile & UX Software Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell is a leading software industrial business, harnessing the power of cloud, mobile, data & analytics,IoTand design thinking. With the addition of our state-of-the-art software and innovation center in Midtown Atlanta, we will incubate, deploy and scale breakthrough offerings that will impact the lives of those around us and the world. There is no better time to join our team, showcase your skills and play a key part in advancing our offerings, marketpresenceand culture.
JOIN OUR ATLANTA TEAM AND…
Be the agent of change and a catalyst that is transforming a fortune 100 industrial company into a connected, digital, software industrial leader.
Work collaboratively with like-minded, innovative and passionate people and together bring ideas from inception through to market launch.
Have endless opportunities to progress your career as you develop new offerings that impact a wide range of industries, improve the quality of life, and truly change the world.
As a Mobile & UX Software Engineerwith Honeywell, this is your opportunity to:
- Designing, developing, testing, releasing and supporting native Android mobile applications using the latest versions of the Android platform and Android Studio.
- Review functional and technical requirements, raising potential issues and participating actively in design discussions
- Collaborating with Customers and Product Marketing / Management teams to identify opportunities that can be exploited through great software features
- Working as a member of a design, build and test agile team continuously releasing new updates
- Mentoring people whether or not they are on your team
This position is eligible for the Student Loan Paydown Benefit
25 Requirements and design
50 Software architecture and coding
25 Ability to code in multiple languages
YOU MUST HAVE
- 2+ years of progressive experience as a professional software engineer deliveringworld classsoftware products and services usingobject orientedanalysis, design and programming techniques.
- 1+ years of Java, JDK, Android Studio and SDK development experience in a shipping Android application with at least a4 starrating in the app store
- 2+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java or C#
- 1+ years of experience working as a member of an Agile team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master’s degree in a related field is an added plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment
- A critical thinker that challenges assumptions and seeks new ideas
- Someone who seeks to understand the "why" and not just the "what"
- Someone who actively solicits opposing perspectives and alternative ideas
- Someone who drives to deliver customer value versus meeting customer demands and someone who persistently drives activity to achieve results
- Proactive sharing of accomplishments, knowledge, lessons, and updates across the organization
- Someone who makes everyone around them better
- Experience designing, building, testing, releasing and operating software products and services consumed by external customers
- Demonstrated functional and technical leadership
- Someone who works and collaborates with people across perceived boundaries and borders (think DevOps)
- Demonstrated analytical andproblem solvingskills (ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems)
- Demonstrated understanding of Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases (SQL / NoSQL)
- Experience with RESTful Web Service Design
- Experience with Azure, AWS or other Cloud-based PaaS/SaaS environments
- Experience in user interface / UI and user experience / centered design
- Experience with Test-Driven Development
- Experience with Agile software development frameworks and methodologies
- Experience with Big Data and real-time analytics
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD9422
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.