Honeywell Firmware Verification Co-op Spring 2018 in Morristown, New Jersey
Firmware Verification Co-op Spring 2018
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
Honeywell Smart Energy is looking for 3 Firmware Verification Co-op Students to join our team for the spring semester in January 2018.Candidate must be local to the Raleigh, NC area.
Will test firmware for microcontrollers for solid-state electricity meters and AMI (Advanced Metering Infrastructure) and AGI (Advanced Grid Infrastructure) devices used in utility communication systems.
The co-op engineer will work with Firmware Verification engineers to complete the following:
· Unit test the firmware to verify the functionality
· Use in-circuit emulators, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and other test equipment
· Work with firmware and system verification teams to develop test plans to verify functional compliance of the design to its specification.
· Work with manufacturing to configure and test the product
· Carry the design from concept to manufacture according to the product development process.
· Modify existing embedded firmware to fit unique customer needs and configurations.
40 Develop Test Plans
50 Testing Firmware
10 Administrative support to the engineering team
YOU MUST HAVE
§ Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
§ Able to complete a co-op prior to graduating
· Familiar with device drivers, interrupt handlers and multi-tasking Realtime Operating Systems (RTOS).
· Object-orientated design concepts, revision control and bug tracking systems
· Experience with metering products, low power designs and AMR\AMI systems.
· Work with a variety of employees in our team based environment.
· Experience with microcontrollers and interfacing microcontrollers to a variety of peripheral devices and other microcontrollers.
Nonexempt CO Gas Detectors Save Lives
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD10417
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.