Honeywell CAE Engineer - Machine Control in Morristown, New Jersey
CAE Engineer - Machine Control
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell Intelligrated has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Applications Engineer - Machine Control in our Mason, OH office.
The Sr. Applications Engineer-Machine Controls produces cost estimates for assigned projects, including the cost of electrical devices, third-party control devices, electrical layout drawings for use by other
Estimating teams (Installation), and estimates of Electrical Engineering and Software Engineering for the implementation of the proposed Project. Projects of high complexity are Engineered and Estimated. Alternative concepts are developed and proposed, to enhance Intelligrated’s value to the customer.
- Participates in turnover meetings to ensure complete knowledge transfer of the opportunity and requirements of the proposal, including deliverables and dates
- Develops estimating quote sheets, device lists, vendor quotes and/or other assigned documentation to ensure retention of all quoting
- Develops electrical layouts for use by Installation to estimate the cost of implementation for the Controls components as proposed
- Develops Machine Control solution in compliance with company standards and policies as well as relevant regulations
- Participates in turnover to engineering meetings for sold projects, to ensure knowledge transfer of the project as proposed to the implementation team
- Reviews and validates costs as provided by resource teams to ensure alignment with requirements as well as appropriate cost levels
- Plans project deliverables and engages external to ensure availability and sufficient time for process completion
- Guides the deliverables of others, including vendors, to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Reports project status and provides guidance to project team for anticipated delivery
- Participates in concept reviews to propose and validate alternative designs and solutions
- Provides content to the Proposal in areas related to Machine Control, to clarify scope, content, restrictions, assumptions and techniques as required to communicate Company intent and commitment.
- Solves problems and provides creative alternatives to Machine Control issues
- Provides feedback and analysis of process performance
- Initiates and delivers process improvements, from concept through implementation
- Acts as team leader and provides direction to others as appropriate
- Consults with customers to derive optimal system design and participates in the presentation of the proposal
- Updates, enhances and maintains the EQS spreadsheet or equivalent tools
20 Present to leadership and external customers
20 Establish and follow methodologies
20 Suggest enhancements to advance projects
20 Plan and execute project tasks
20 Estimate project and proposal costs
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Four or more years of Software and/or Controls programming experience (PLC or software controls) experience in a similar position required showing progressive increase in responsibility is required.
- Deep understanding of electrical engineering standards and specifications
- Capability to complete demanding assignments by applying advanced electrical engineering methods and tools
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness in an ambiguous environment
- Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Capability to follow guidelines and ensure efficiency on given project tasks
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD7926
- Category: Engineering
- Location: USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.