Honeywell Global Energy and Sustainability Leader in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Global Energy and Sustainability Leader
Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Global Energy and Sustainability Leader in our Morris Plains, NJ location.
The position develops and executes the energy program from PMT including developing STRAP and AOP plans to reduce our energy footprint.PMT is searching for a candidate capable of leading a cross functional team to develop and execute a robust energy conservation strategy focused on continuous improvement and long term sustainability.The individual collects and maintains the metrics and represents PMT on the Corporate Energy and Sustainability Team.
* Responsibilities include: *
· Lead a cross functional team of Honeywell employees and external contractors to develop and execute an energy strategy intended to deliver energy efficiency improvements across all sites.
· Manage the execution of site energy assessments to identify energy efficiency improvements and energy reduction opportunities.
· Develop tools to improve the energy & sustainability awareness across the PMT organization.
· Champion energy and sustainability into the FEL process design for all new major investments. Ensure energy efficiency costs are evaluated over the product life cycle.
· Coordinate with Procurement to ensure energy reduction is incorporated into the short and long term utility contracting strategy. Leverage supplies of energy and energy products/services.
· Manage the pipeline development and execution of corporate funded capital projects.
* Position Scope * * : *
Broad Control: Indirectly coordinate the activities of 10 to 15 Honeywell and contract resources.
Anticipated Travel: 25% to 50%
* Key Success Factors * * : *
· Strong knowledge and experience with energy reduction techniques, tools and their application.
· Establish and meet energy and GHG reduction goals.
· Timely and effective communication with all levels of the SM Engineering Organization.
· Integration of energy awareness (KPIs) into the standard work platforms at all manufacturing sites through HOS tools.
· Ability to continue to learn new energy reduction tools and disseminate them throughout the process technology organization.
· Ability to learn site specific unit operations and site specific operating strategies.
· Development and implementation of energy standards/design for FEL 1, 2, 3.
25 Perform specification reviews and development
25 Standards Application and Improvements
25 Develop New and Improved Work Practices
25 Review Process Quality
* YOU MUST HAVE *
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
* WE VALUE *
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Demonstrate business impact and continuous drive for improvement.
- Proven track-record in Energy Management and Utility Best Practices within chemical processing facilities.
- Creative professional with the demonstrated ability to analyze processes and data in order to develop and deploy effective energy efficiency strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead a diverse team toward a uniformed goal within a matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or equivalent
Demonstrate business impact and continuous drive for improvement.Proven track-record in Energy Management and Utility Best Practices within chemical processing facilities.Creative professional with the demonstrated ability to analyze processes and data in order to develop and deploy effective energy efficiency strategies.Demonstrate the ability to lead a diverse team toward a uniformed goal within a matrix organization.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or equivalent
- Some Travel Required
- Job ID: HRD1571
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Morris Plains, NJ 7950 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.