Honeywell Agile Coach (IT Program Manager) in Morris Plains, New Jersey
Agile Coach (IT Program Manager) Location: Morris Plains, NJ
We are looking for an outstanding individual who is a passionate champion of improving human engagement to solve customer problems effectively and efficiently.
The person must enjoy taking initiatives and solving complex problems that help accomplish business objectives in innovative ways, and balance stakeholder and employee expectations without being dogmatic or theoretical about it. You should bring the latest knowledge from across the industry along with hands-on experience in having implemented agile practices across teams/an organization. You should have the “presence” that inspires teams and individuals to constantly seek progress and improvement. You should believe that the role of a coach is make teams become so good, that they don’t need you anymore! You must be an excellent facilitator and must be ready to roll up your sleeves when required.
You are a natural networker, and lead by influence and love working with senior executives to software engineers, as well as stakeholders and collaborators outside the team and across the organization.
Most importantly, you enjoy what you do!
Key responsibility areas: • Train teams and conduct workshops in the application of agile and lean principles in software and IT application • Coach key roles such as scrum masters, product owners and engineering managers to become more effective problem-solvers • Manage stakeholder expectations by demonstrating and communicating key indicators of improved effectives on a periodic basis • Build a community of agile champions, practitioners and enthusiasts that promotes learning by sharing • Facilitate a culture of openness, transparency, experimentation, honest introspection, continuous improvement, learning and sharing.
YOU MUST HAVE
• 15 years of professional experience in software / IT development sphere, out of which 5 years are as an Agile Coach, leveraging key agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, XP) and Lean and Kanban software development
• 2 years working on distributed and scaled agile teams, and well-versed with at least one major framework (e.g. SAFe, Nexus, Spotify, LeSS, DAD, etc.)
• Hands-on experience (minimum 2 years) utilizing agile technical practices with conceptual knowledge of the agile technical practices, such as TDD / BDD, Refactoring, CI, DevOps
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the popular industry tools (e.g. JIRA, Rally, VersionOne, etc.)
• Professional certifications like CSM, CSPO, CSP, SPC or equivalent
• Professional certification in Six Sigma, Lean are a plus
• Highly desirable to have professional exposure and experience to adjoining space like innovation games, design thinking, human-centered design, lean startups, new product development, coaching, etc.
• It would be desirable if the individual is well-connected in the industry such as various agile forums, user groups and is a frequent speaker/thought leader
• It would be desirable for the individual to have wide exposure to different domains such as enterprise software, embedded and systems software, internet, big data, etc.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Agile Coach (IT Program Manager)
Location: NJ-Morris Plains
Requisition ID: 00353947