Honeywell Systems Engineer in Mississauga, Ontario
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Systems Engineer - Mississauga, Ontario
The Control Systems (CS) team, part of the Electronic Solutions (ES) Strategic Business Unit within Honeywell Aerospace carries out Electronic Controller design and development projects for the majority of Honeywell Aerospace’s product families providing a wide variety of hardware and software solutions. Key areas of focus are; Fly by Wire and traditional Flight Controls, Auto Pilots, Environmental Control Systems, Cabin Pressure Systems, Inerting Systems, Propulsion Engines, Auxiliary Power and Sensors. The Controls Systems team operates from eight major sites across
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Minimum years of Engineering experience:o Engineer II – 2 yearso Engineer III – 5 yearso Senior Engineer – 6 years
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership, coordination, communication, interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Tenacity in meeting project objectives
- Strong problem solving skills
- Work effectively in a cross-functional team environment with ability to lead a team or to act as a team member.
- Electronic Control Systems development experience from design through certification, production and aircraft/field support.
- Experience in all phases of system and/or software life cycle development from customer requirements to completion of validation and verification activities
- Ability to identify and solve complex technical and/or programmatic problems within schedule, budget and resource constraints
- Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design
- Solid knowledge of / experience with aircraft systems, turbine engines, environmental controls systems, flight control systems and related components
- Experience with development of closed-loop control systems
- Experience with DO-178, ARP 4754, MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment
- Control system integration and test experience in lab or flight test environments
- Hands-on experience of Simulink, WebPTS and DOORS
- Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design
- Strong diagnostic and debugging skills
- Experience with lab and test equipment, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, symbolic debuggers and simulation tools
- Experience with Aerospace products, certification, customers
- Knowledge of project planning, tracking, reporting and management tools and methodologies. PMP certification is highly valued.
- Demonstrated ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers and meet commitments
- Knowledge of Honeywell IPDS process
- Previous internship experience preferred
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Exempt Aerospace Overview | Products
- Job ID: req92883
- Location: Mississauga, ON L5L 3S6 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.