Honeywell Mechanical (Sensor) Engineer III in Mississauga, Ontario
Mechanical (Sensor) Engineer III
Launch innovations in nearly every commercial and defense aircraft platform
Honeywell is looking for a Sensor Engineer, with Mechanical Engineering background, to lead a sensors team from project planning phase to product certification phase. Sensors team is responsible for design & verification of temperature, flow and pressure sensors for integrated electronic controls for commercial airliners, military fighter and transport aircrafts.
Lead /manage all aspects of the sensor design and development activities including scope, schedule, cost, technical, resource, process adherence and risk management.Overall technical coordination within the engineering functions supporting sensor development to ensure that all customer requirements are met. Establish and maintain detailed technical plans, estimates and schedules; provide status to project engineering and management. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects/activities with limited and shared resources. Work with cross functional teams in performing trade studies, develop detailed requirements and design sensor products. Sensor team focal for interfacing with other functional groups and the customer. Lead technical design reviews with both internal & external customersProvide direction to the team in resolving technical problems with both internal and external customers; Investigate failures, identify root causes and permanent corrective action.
Solve complex problems where analysis of a situation is required in order to meet the requirements of the customer
Serve as the technical lead role for product lines or new development projects
Work with Sales and Customers to ensure designs meet customer expectations
30 Engineering analysis
15 CAD based modeling
10 Cost & schedule estimation
30 Design engineering
15 Product certification
YOU MUST HAVE
- Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineer
- Significant experience in product/package development or sensor development, preferably for an Aircraft system component
- Thorough knowledge of 3D mechanical design, analysis tools and experience with GD&T, application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to design and resolve engineering problems
- Previous experience leading a smaller team would be an asset
- Ability to perform thermal and/or structural analysis is a definite asset
- Previous experience in working with other functional groups such as Systems, Reliability,
- Mechanical Analysis, Materials and Process, and Test Engineering in joint definition and implementation phases of requirements capture and design development
- Familiarity with DO-160 and/or MIL-STD-202 environmental qualification requirements is an asset
- Experience in estimating/ planning hardware development tasks and providing project status
- Program management knowledge including earned value reporting, and experience with computer-based scheduling and reporting tools is an asset
- Strong oral and written communication skills with employees at all levels and the ability to conduct technical presentations with customers.
- Experience with requirement validation and verification
- Experience in creating documentations such as plans, procedures and test and analytical reports
- Ability to plan and work with multi-disciplined team to achieve desired results
- Strong problem solving skills / experience with root cause and corrective action process
- Demonstrated commitment to Design for manufacturability and testability, Design to Cost, Design for Six Sigma
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior engineers
Exempt Honeywell User Experience Design Studios
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD9877
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 3333 Unity Drive, Mississauga, ON L5L 3S6 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.