Honeywell Technician III Manufacturing Engineer (WEEKEND Shift) in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Shift:Weekend shift(required days Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 4 – 10 hour days Fri through Mon, or 5 – 8 hour days Th-Mon)
- Perform all activities associated with the manufacture of high quality thin film mirrors for Ring Laser Gyros
- Work in a clean room environment and follow clean room procedures (wearing a smock, hood, facemask, and gloves)
- Operate and maintain coating processes, perform mirror quality assessments, manually handle fragile optics, perform chemical processing and cleaning of substrates and fixtures, and troubleshoot and maintain associated equipment.
- Use a computer to access process instructions and to access and/or input labor tracking, work in progress tracking, non-conformance tracking, configuration information, quality and basic data entry
- Work with engineers and fellow technicians in a team environment while also being able to perform tasks independently.
- Responsible for following documented processes and adhering to high standards of quality
- Manage technical processes requiring large volumes of parts movements, requiring good manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Operate within the Honeywell Operating System (HOS) while supporting a LEAN culture and maintaining a safe working environment. Elements include, but are not limited to, supporting 5S, Continuous Improvement, Knowledge Sharing and Coaching, Rapid Problem Solving.
You must have:** * Must be a US person (US citizen, US permanent resident or individual with protected status i.e. asylum/refugee), due to contractual requirements. * Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED * Minimum 1 year experience in a production environment or equivalent military experience.
We value: * 2 Year Associate Degree preferred (Chemistry, Electronics, Optics or Physics a plus) * Experience with thin film coatings processes a plus * Experience with computer systems; MS Windows, MS Office, Excel, Word desired. * Ability to use technical terms to communicate verbally and in writing
Job: *Integrated Supply Chain
Title: Technician III Manufacturing Engineer (WEEKEND Shift)
Requisition ID: 00354340