Honeywell Engineer Systems II in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Engineer Systems II
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10B+ SBG (Strategic Business Group) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
This junior level engineering position will be responsible for providing technical support for radar altimeters, precision terrain aided navigation sensors and systems, altimeter antennas and other radar systems within the Control Sensor Products (CSP) group. Specific responsibilities include: Engineering support to Engineering Test Systems (ETS) organization for product test and calibration, Develop systems-level requirements and design within a DOORs environment, working with Honeywell Product Integrity and customers to meet FAA certification requirements. Creating certification artifacts for review and approval by the FAA and customers. Perform signal analysis, Perform system integration, Develop and execute functional and validation tests, Support Rolled Throughput Yield (RTY) process and productivity improvement in manufacturing, competitive intelligence analysis support and Honeywell User Experience (HUE) voice of the customer work. Join a team that designs, develops and integrates highly complex systems within Honeywell. You will be integral in creating system solutions that meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will be involved in every aspect of the systems life cycle; from the front end of business development through product end of life.
Apply engineer knowledge, tools, and principals to developsystems improvingfor
Design high tech systems to integrate homes to manage comfort, efficiency, cost.
Innovate and design systems to safely deploy military overseas.
20 requirements analysis
20 systems design
20 customer interaction
20 project oversight
20 budget/schedule responsibility
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors degree in Aerospace or Electrical/Systems Engineering
- Ability to create MAT Lab/Simulink simulations to evaluate new and existing design
- Ability to use PSPICE or equivalent to analyze electronic circuits
- Familiar with FAA certification processes for DAL A systems
- Familiarity with RF, Signal Processing, and Communications; Radar Systems and navigation
- Knowledge of board-level design techniques for RF/IF and support circuits
- Familiarity with industry tools such as Microwave Office and Visual System Simulator
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to directly engage and influence others in change initiatives — including process, productivity and globalization.
- Able to break down complex problems into simple ideas for others to understand
- Action oriented, high energy, able to seize opportunities when they arise
- Ability to make decisions and take action in the face of limited data availability and achieve success despite ambiguity
- Ability to manage risk and uncertainty
- Ability to develop creative and elegant solutions to meet requirements while meeting schedule and cost limitations
- Ability to work well with others with good conflict management skills and the ability to turn conflicts into opportunities for improvement and to strive for win-win resolutions.
- Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to adapt dictated by project changes
- Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks.
- Some engineering experience with systems
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req114463
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Minneapolis, MN 55413 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.