Honeywell GM Smart Energy-Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
GM Smart Energy-MexicoHoneywell Smart Energy is a part of a strategic business unit within our Home and Building Technologies (HBT) business. We design and implement energy solutions, energy efficiency (EE) and demand response (DR) programs for Utility companies throughout the Americas and around the world in addition to being a leading provider of “smart metering”, which includes both automated meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) systems and solutions. Honeywell Smart Energy has an excellent leadership opportunity as the General Manager, Mexico of our Smart Energy Electricity, Gas and Water business.
The General Manager will have full strategic and tactical responsibility for Smart Energy activity (Gas, Electricity and Water) across Mexico. The successful candidate will lead and energize the organization. Proactive and hands-on leadership of the business to maintain and improve their position in the market and overall profitability, as well as managing relationships with customers and preparing the business for cyclical market changes are among the greatest priorities. He/She will partner with the Honeywell Leadership, Sales, Marketing and Technology to identify and drive growth and own and drive business performance and profitability.
This position will report directly to the VP/GM Smart Energy Electricity Americas and functionally to the VP/GM Smart Energy Gas Americas and will drive close collaboration with the HGR President Mexico and CSAR.
Key responsibilities shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Create a vision that enables a collective drive across the organization to win on short term goals, to organize, lead and execute in a challenging business environment, while simultaneously driving the organization to achieve the longer term strategy with accurate forecasting.
• Management oversight of the full Mexico footprint which includes two manufacturing sites for Gas and Electricity in San Luis Potosi and the local leadership team.
• Drive a customer and market-focused business and optimize cash flow and profitability by bringing together customer knowledge, strategies, technology and functional expertise.
• Manage the business transformation process from a structural as well as a product and service proposition perspective.
• Develop and Implement the strategic roadmap to execute within the current market as well as drive expansion into the water smart metering market.
• Drive top-line and bottom-line of the business; increase profitability of the business.
• Take full operational responsibility for the territory, implementing best-in-class processes and procedures to ensure the internal business as well as the customer relationships are run as effectively as possible.
• Represent Honeywell externally to Industry Associations, Customers, and Suppliers etc.
• Apply business acumen in order to optimize allocation of resources for long-term growth and achieve best in class delivery.
• Partner with leaders to implement marketing and sales strategies to achieve objectives.
• Drive regional oversight for all manufacturing, engineering and certification activities for the business.
• Provide insight to market observation and analysis to make recommendations on adjusting the business strategy to the overall market development and trends.
• Ensure appropriate financial planning, control and reporting.
• Drive safety culture and performance within HON team and sub-contractor partners
• Attract, develop, and retain top talent
• Provide support to the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Management Resource Review (MRR) and Strategic Planning (STRAP) processes as needed
The General Manager must be an experienced business person with a proven track record of success in leading complex businesses with highly engineered offerings. The ideal candidate will have relevant or parallel industry knowledge with strong exposure to the utilities space. More important are strong leadership, change agent and strategic skills which have been refined in leading competitive manufacturing and business businesses.
The successful candidate will have strong leadership competencies in sales, marketing, operations, finance, and general management. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated experience driving market share and revenue growth. The skills as a visionary and strategic thinker should be balanced by a “down to earth”, “hands-on”, and aggressive practical approach to action. They will possess the ability to lead and inspire exceptional performance.
Additionally, candidates will have developed the following major competencies:
• Established track record of success as a business leader in a technical product and solutions company.
• Proven ability to provide first hand guidance in managing customer relationships and premier brands.
• Business development: Apply business acumen by identifying promising trends in a given market and create synergistic relationships. Discover opportunities for expansion into new markets.
• Financial management: Familiar with P&L management with ability to get into detailed analysis of hot spots. Demanding of finance business partners. Experienced with a financially-driven company environment.
• Operations management: Operational/financial management experience during a business transformation process.
• A demonstrated ability to develop an outstanding team and motivate commitment and performance.
Making Complex Decisions
Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
Creating the New and Different
Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data.
Keeping on Point
Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and the trivial; quickly senses what's the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest.
Managing Work Processes
Is an effective process, work flow, and systems designer; is good at figuring out what to measure to track progress; sets up systems that can almost manage themselves; is a master at the effectiveness and efficiency of work systems; can quickly diagnose and fix a work flow problem; always looking for incremental process improvement.
Being Organizationally Savvy
Maneuvers well to get things done; maze bright; knows where to go to get what he/she needs; politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do is; presents views and arguments well.
Writes and presents effectively; adjusts to fit the audience and the message; strongly gets a message across.
Is skilled at getting individuals, teams, and an entire organization to perform at a higher level and to embrace change; negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause; communicates a compelling vision and is committed to what needs to be done; inspires others; builds motivated, high-performing teams; understands what motivates different people.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree, preferably in a business related discipline and an advanced degree in business or a related field is preferred.
- Job ID: 00349050
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Mexico City, DF MEX
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.