Honeywell Data Architect in Melville, New York
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Data Architect will be an integral part of Alarm Net team and work with engineering and application development teams to create, design, deploy and manage organization’s data architecture. Needs to have an end to end vision and see how a logical design can be translated to one or more physical databases and flow of data securely across the stages/integrations.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archival, recovery and implementation of database. Key to the growth of the Alarm Net Org, will be our ability to monetize critical data that is produced by our suite of Alarm Products & Services. Understand and translate project requirements into technical requirements and solutions for data engineering team to execute. Architect and design a Big Data analytics platform that is scalable, optimized and fault-tolerant. Perform program reviews to ensure that data design elements are reusable and repeatable across projects.
50 engineering and application development
50 create, design, deploy and manage organizational data architecture
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or IT
- Experience in Data Architecture.
- Experience in architecting/implementing complex data focused & IOT applications.
- Hands on experience with Database, Data Warehouse design & implementation using Microsoft SQL Server.Experience with at-least 2 programs as a data architect involving various Cloud, Big Data and integration technologies.
- Working experience of designing & developing solutions in cloud environments (Azure) with focus on Data.
- Understanding of the cloud technology market, players, their offerings and trade-offs.
- Must be well versed with data architecture styles and patterns and trade-off analysis.
- Thorough experience and understanding of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) based architecture approaches, design methodologies and design patterns.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, research and development environment with several ongoing concurrent projects.
Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: req115066
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melville, NY USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.