Honeywell Sr Electrical Engineer in ., Maryland
Sr Electrical Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Intelligrated, now a part of Honeywell, is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer for our growing team in Owings Mills, Maryland!
The Sr. Electrical Engineer (III) implements electrical projects as the Lead Engineer for an integrated system or sub-system. The Sr. Electrical Engineer provides planning, reporting and management of the electrical project, in addition to technical implementation. The Sr. Electrical Engineer demonstrates and recognizes project success from multiple levels of financial, technical and timeline management responsibilities. The Sr. Electrical Engineer is also able to handle multiple projects with little or no supervision and must be able to handle high risk projects.
- Participates in initial System Design Review
- Contributes to system architecture, description of operation, functional specifications, andinterface documents
- Adheres to and validates project specifications while maintaining as sold scope
- Participates in drawing review meetings
- Participates in executing test plans on-site, both internal and customer acceptance/BUAT/UAT/FAT
- Participates in lessons learned post-mortem engineering review
- Understands project phasing (Tie-Ins and Cut-Ins)
- Attends weekly team meetings; reviews scheduled tasks/timelines
- Contributes to test plans (Internal, In-House, Site, Commissioning, and Acceptance)
- Provides site/field reports daily, including progress, issues, and next steps
- Updates all field as-builts and facilitates future turnover to CSS
- Attends customer related approval meetings as requested
- Communicates and brings to closure all internal and customer created issue lists
- Reviews customer SOW/RFP/RFQ and specifications as requested
- Attends electrical related pricing, concept, and customer review meetings as requested
- Understands scope, budget, and schedule for designated portion of the project
- Reviews initial project schedule and identifies gaps or changes needed
- Documents and communicates overall system level concerns or questions
- Attends Electrical Design Review
- Identifies gaps, creates gap list, and communicates with project team; resolves any cost conflicts in coordination with C&E/PM/CSS
- Modifies, adds, maintains, and validates project specifications while maintaining as sold scope
- Defines any Electrical SOPER work required for the project, including testing requirements and scheduling milestones
- Creates detailed task list, assigns resources and timelines; audits, maintains, and reports progress on a regular basis
- Creates (and/or delegates) layout drawings, network drawings, e-stop zone drawings, permit drawings, full load calculations, bill of materials, and control panel schematic drawings
- Maintains and tracks issues list, reporting to supervisor/manager as required
- Tracks completion of any Electrical SOPER work within the project timeline
- Schedules drawing review meetings with project team
- Participates (and/or delegates) I/O checkout and support installation as needed
- Determines travel schedules and phasing required for project execution
- Executes all test plans on-site, both internal and customer acceptance/BUAT/UAT/FAT
- Documents and maintain issues tracking, including customer generated lists
- Calls and facilitates CSS turnover meeting (ONLY if PM does not call meeting); ensures all turnover documentation is complete and stored in proper location
- Schedules and facilitates lessons learned post-mortem engineering review; focuses on technical aspects of the project and improvements
65 Cabinet/system design in CAD; interaction with MRP system
15 Programming of test fixtures and prototypes
20 Site visits; shop support
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar position required showing progressive increase in responsibility.
- Project Management Skills
- Financial & Budget Knowledge
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
Job ID: req106190
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., MD 21117 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.