Honeywell Sr Systems Engineer in Mason, Ohio
Sr Systems Engineer
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Systems Engineer coordinates the requirements, design, development, integration and validation of large/complex systems involving multiple subsystems and multi-disciplinary technologies. The goal is to ensure that the system is built with efficiency (minimize risk, rework) and will meet the requirement and expectations.
The systems engineer looks at the system and understands the interactions and inter-dependencies between various subsystems and processes. Ensures that subsystems suppliers also understand these requirements, inter-dependencies, and interfaces with other subsystems to ensure that their subsystems can be
efficiently integrated into the system and help meet the system expectations.
A system at Intelligrated may consist of various subsystems such as Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS), Conveyor Systems, Goods to Operator Work Stations (GTO), Replenishment Stations, Lifts, Loop Sorters (Bombay, Cross-belt, Tilt-tray, etc.). Pick / Put to Light Systems (PTL),
Warehouse Controls Systems (WCS), Warehouse Execution Systems (WES), Warehouse
management systems (WMS) and others. The Systems Engineer understands and coordinates the integration of the Intelligrated System with the customer’s systems.
Various engineering disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, Software, Project Management, Quality, etc. participate in the system development. The system engineer will typically have a broad multi-disciplinary background, with a strong level of expertise in at least one of these disciplines and be knowledgable of key aspects of the others.
A Systems Engineer supports/participates in the following typical tasks:
- Reviews project requirements during the proposal phase to ensure that these are understood and
- Performs system partitioning and requirements flow-down to identified subsystems – ensures that
requirements are clearly allocated to and understood by subsystem suppliers
- Participates in definition / clarification of interfaces between various subsystems to ensure that these are clearly understood by all parties
- Works with team members to identify various system risks and monitors them to ensure that they
are appropriately addressed by the team
- Monitors changes to project scope, evaluates impact of these changes and communicates the impact to all impacted internal parties and subsystem suppliers
- Develops the integration strategy and sequence of test activities to bring the group of subsystems together into an integrated system.
- Works with the various engineering teams, project manager, customer to get appropriate test
plans developed; reviews and validates test plans
- Coordinates / Participates / Supports / Executes subsystem and system validation tests.
- Records defects and communicates them to relevant party and follows thru to ensure that they
- Helps and support development & implementation of systems engineering practice by developing
- Other tasks in support of project/system as needed.
35 requirements analysis
30 systems validation & verification
35 project oversight
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Robotics& Control Automation, Systems Engineering or relevant discipline, withexperience working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- -Microsoft Office
- Ability to understand Mechanical layouts
- Ability to understand control systems and control interfaces
- Requirements Analysis and exposure to various requirements analysis tools
- Systems Modeling and exposure to Modeling tools using SysML
- Risk management
- Validation andTest plan development, execution coordination, knowledge and exposure tovarious relevant tools
- Defect Managementand exposure to defect tracking tools.
- Project Management, Understand projects schedules, WBS, etc.
- Ability to work as a team member in a multi-disciplinary team to achieve desired Systemobjectives.
- Knowledge of the systems development lifecycle
- Individuals that quickly analyze, incorporate and apply new information and concepts.
- Diverse and global teaming and collaboration
- advanced with systems
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done.
- Ability to adapt dictated by project changes
- Multi-tasking and has the ability to manage a variety of complicated tasks.
- Some engineering experience
- an understandingof data structures to provide analytical problem solving
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Extensive Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- Job ID: HRD5910
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Mason, OH 45040 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.