Honeywell Assistant General Counsel - Mason, OH in Mason, Ohio
Assistant General Counsel - Mason, OH
Assistant General Counsel – Mason, OH
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic attorney to become a critical member of a fast moving and extremely responsive legal department. The position will require an ability to display legal and business acumen in approaching and resolving issues, primarily focused on the sales and procurement functions of the Intelligrated business. Our current opportunity is based in Mason, Ohio.
The Role in Brief:
The successful candidate must demonstrate a solid background in general corporate and commercial matters and excellent business sense and judgment, well developed analytical problem-solving abilities, superb contract drafting skills, and exceptional interpersonal and relationship skills. Assistant GC will be expected to work on complex issues requiring in-depth evaluation of legal and business issues, and must be willing and able to manage and execute on a variety of projects simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines. This position reports to the General Counsel of Intelligrated.
• Review, draft, negotiate and administer a variety and high volume of ordinary course and complex business transactions and contracts clients, vendors and other business partners.
• Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills with substantive expertise with key provisions of most contracts.
• Communicate and negotiate with customers to resolve discrepancies and disagreements effectively. Interaction with the Sales, Delivery and Finance teams to understand and ensure consistency with the business and financial requirements and objectives in all contracts
• Drive to conclusion commercial and other business needs directly and through effective communication within company departments, executive management and with customer or company partners, vendors or suppliers.
• Participate in creating processes and systems to increase the efficiency of the contracting process.
• JD and admission to state bar required.
• Minimum 7 years of experience at a law firm or in-house.
• Minimum 4 years of experience with commercial contracts
• This is a business support role requiring strong legal and operations focus.
• Demonstrated transaction experience with preference given to individuals with transactional background in engineering, architecture and construction transactions.
• Experience with software licensing, SaaS and software development would also be beneficial.
• Experience managing a paralegal, contract manager, or secretary a plus.
Click http://careersathoneywell.com to learn more about Honeywell.
- Job ID: 00356470
- Category: Legal
- Location: Mason, OH USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.