Honeywell Regional Finance Leader in Madrid, Spain
Regional Finance Leader
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
This position will lead the Finance activities for our Honeywell Building Solutions business in the South East region which encompasses the countries Spain, Italy, Switzerland, France, Hungary and Poland and a regional finance team. The role will partner and support the Regional General Manager in driving financial performance, managing and leading key business processes including the annual operating plan (AOP), monthly operating review (MOR) and financial forecasts. The post holder will have joint P&L responsibility and accountability with business leadership to achieve financial objectives whilst maintaining compliance to financial controls, policies and principles. This person will report into and partner closely with the CFO Europe.
- Demonstrates a high degree of business acumen and is able to quickly grasp the HBS business model and key business drivers to help drive the strategic agenda of the business.
- Uses financial and operational data to analyse trends and financial impact to provide meaningful operational performance insight that helps the business execute on operational commitments and meet financial targets.
- Provides input to the business to evaluate investments, structure contracts, negotiate contract and payment terms to maximize operating income and cash flow.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Analyses and interprets projects and service profitability and leading indicators such as backlog in margin, deviations, project backlog, utilization and productivity and draws the right conclusions for actionable improvement plans.
- Leads the AOP planning and SRO process for the region and monthly financial review.
- Performs ad hoc analysis to determine business trends and provide decision support financial information.
Project/ Contract Support
- Engages in eCAP (Bid) reviews over a certain threshold.
- Ensures project estimates are reasonable and compliant with accounting rules and policies.
- Provides input to the business to negotiate payment terms and contract terms.
- Provides fact based analysis to support customer and vendor negotiations.
- Reviews projects on EAC and understands the risk profile on key projects.
Customer to Cash (C2C)
- Reviews working capital and drives cash flow improvement initiatives for the region.
- Directs analysis of unbilled, payables, POs and vendor balances.
- Performs additional ad hoc analysis as required to drive C2C efficiency.
- Interacts with WC lead on cash calls and setting WC targets for the region.
- Leads a team of 5 district finance leaders, which matrix into the District General Manager and one regional FP&A
Drives talent development by coaching and mentoring, conducts regular performance reviews.
25 Reviews working capital and drives cash flow improvement initiatives for the region
25 Leads a team of 5 district finance leaders
25 Engages in eCAP (Bid) reviews over a certain threshold
25 Performs ad hoc analysis to determine business trends and provide decision support financial informa
Skills / Attributes
It is important for this role that the incumbent has a deep understanding of US GAAP& local GAAP practices and regulations, financial statements and metrics. We will also be looking for a high level of consensus building capability, influencing skills and credibility with other functional areas, in addition to great communication skills at leadership level. Experience of developing, driving and implementing business processes will be critical, along with the desire and ability to quickly and positively influence all levels of the organization. Maintaining business controls to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting. This role is an extraordinary opportunity for someone with leadership aspirations and who has a real desire to find a challenging role within a growing and dynamic, global organization.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance
- Experience of an advisory role within an analytical finance environment
- Fluent in English and preferably in another European language
- Preferably experience within buildings solutions and service business (understanding of project accounting and service)
- Hyperion, EssBase, SAP
Exempt Five-Year Plan
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD3927
- Category: Finance
- Location: Madrid, MADRID 28027 ESP
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.