Honeywell Tool Maker in Kansas City, Missouri
Hourly Pay Rate - $23.36/hr
Are you a highly motivated individual looking to be part of a dynamic manufacturing environment on the leading edge of technology? Join a team of employees who design, machine, build and deliver complex dies, fixtures, tools and gauges in support of the national security mission.
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages theU. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, wherewe research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
• Plans, develops, coordinates, fabricates, assembles, repairs, alters and builds parts, assemblies, tools, fixtures, gages, molds, and dies used in support of any type orders for any type of customers (production, development, laboratories, special, experimental, engineering projects, etc.).
• May assist in production areas, at the direction of engineers or management, in start-up and troubleshooting activities.
• Uses all equipment, techniques, and tools as required by the assignment.
• Performs related tasks as necessary in the completion of the associate's primary work assignment in the Tool Maker classification.
• Uses new technology as applicable to the basic job assignment.
• May be required to verify that completed work conforms to requirement or specification.
• May cut new soft jaws and cut new steps in existing soft jaws.
• Must be able to work from engineering drawings, sketches, or other written or oral instructions as well as tool design drawings.
• Requires the completion of a formal Tool and Die Apprenticeship or equivalent experience and knowledge.
• May perform in-process inspection.
• May check and top off lubricants as necessary.
• Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Health, Safety, and Environment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
You Must Have:
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain and maintain government security clearance.
•Tool and Die certificate with the completion date of August 2019 or earlieror 5 years equivalent experience or on the job trainingorCompletion of formal Tool and Die apprenticeship with certificate.
• 5 years experience in a production department assembling or inspecting complex parts and assemblies.
• 5 years experience programming, setup and operating CNC mills and lathes including multi-axis equipment, mill turns, wire EDM, grinders and/or other machining equipment.
• CAD CAM programming software experience.
• Experience making products from blue prints, CAD models and/or sketches.
• Solidworks or equivalent modeling program experience.
• Experience programming and setting up coordinate measuring machines.
• Experience using various measurement tools such as micrometers, bore gauges, calipers, comparators, or other instruments.
• Experience reading and interpreting drawings (GD&T), schematics, specifications and CAD files and translating into Mastercam programming (or equivalent software) and setup for CNC machinery.
• Ability to perform shop math calculations including those requiring algebra and trigonometry.
• Experience fabricating a variety of prototype parts, fixtures and gages to extremely close tolerances, using all available manufacturing techniques and technologies.
• Experience troubleshooting, developing and implementing technical solutions.
•Demonstrated ability to work and excel in team environment; interface with customers, engineers, and other support organizations to deliver the committed results.
• Computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite software and/or equivalent.
• Will be able to work any shift.
- Job ID: 00353093
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.