Honeywell Student Engineer-Chemical in Kansas City, Missouri
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Are you a top undergraduate who would enjoy a challenging engineering internship, with an exciting company? Join top university students, at Honeywell FM&T in Kansas City, Mo !
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s National Security Campus, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today.
Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
This highly visible role will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your technical background and experience.
Entry level position performing routine engineering functions on assigned projects or sub-projects of a general nature and entry level scope by applying standard mathematical, physical science, and/or electrical engineering technologies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of senior or staff level engineers or departmental management.
2. Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
3. Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention.
4. Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for improvements.
5. Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs.
6. Interacts with suppliers and internal organizations to assure compatibility between requirements and process capability.
7. Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field.
8. Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety.
_ Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR 707.4 will be conducted by Honeywell FM&T. In addition, a background investigation by the Federal government will be required to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and subsequent reinvestigations will be required. If the position is covered by the Counterintelligence Evaluation Program regulations at 10 CFR 709, successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination _
25 Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention
25 Provides technical assistance
25 Assists in the development of test procedures
25 Prepares evaluation reports
YOU MUST HAVE
- Completion of Sophomore year of college/university studies, or a student in the second year of the Cooperative Program, pursuing a degree in Chemical Engineering, plastics, or related or related ABET accredited engineering program
- Due to export control restrictions, this position requires U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
- Ability to participate in an internship for summer 2018, prior to completing current degree program
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in SolidWorks solid modeling software package
- Background in C++, MatLab, and VHDL computer languages
- Experience with FGPAs
- Experience in electronics industries
- Ability in analytical skills, mathematical computations, computer software applications, written documentation. Ability to apply those skills to engineering projects.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req118188
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.