Honeywell Sr Human Resources Generalist in Kansas City, Missouri
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Sr Human Resources Generalist in the Honeywell Defense and Space FM&T business unit located in Kansas City, MO.
Honeywell Aerospace has nearly 40,000 employees around the world and 2016 revenue of approximately $15 billion. Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space. For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.com/ or follow us @honeywell_Aero.
The National Security Campus (NSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation’s defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers’ expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell FM&T is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. This highly visible role will provide you with an opportunity to showcase your technical background and experience. This role provides a broad range of Human Resources (HR) services to internal and external customers. In support of strategic objectives, consults with appropriate personnel as necessary to resolve diverse business issues.
Summary of Duties:
- Acts as a HR liaison to divisional units.
- Implements initiatives in partnership with division leaders in support of the organization's strategic objectives.
- Resolves complex issues related to the development and implementation of HR processes, ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provides information and orientation regarding Human Resources programs and policies.
- Leverages organization design and change management tools to effect organizational efficiency and improvement requirements.
- Designs and coordinates compensation and reward systems, working in conjunction with management.
- Performs job analyses/evaluations and prepares job descriptions involving assigned areas.
- Directs and reviews performance management process and management resource review to ensure compliance with established practices.
- Designs innovative performance enhancement systems.
- Investigates and recommends actions attendant to employee relations and HR policy incidents.
- Counsels and coaches employees and management to address interpersonal and behavioral challenges, applying experience and expertise in complex cases.
- Counsels employees in career planning and development to promote a motivated, trained, and competent work force.
- Maintains cognizance of collective bargaining agreements; works with union and management to resolve complex issues.
- Reviews staffing requirements and guides management in identifying high potential candidates.
- Participates in reduction in force process.
- Maintains business unit headcount information to be used in HR reporting requirements such as affirmative action planning.
- Creates environment which values diversity.Investigates and participates in resolution of allegations of discrimination, sexual harassment, and unfair treatment.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Department of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Must have three or more years experience in one or more Human Resources functions
- Prior experience in a Human Resources Generalist role preferred, with history of effectively resolving strategic and employee relations issues.
- Advanced degree in Business, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Current certification through one or more Human Resources professional organizations (e.g., SHRM; World at Work) preferred.
- Prior experience implementing organization design and change management concepts and interventions.
- Ability to tactfully and confidently interact with as well as influence internal and external customers at all levels in the business.
- Able to manage multiple priorities with a bias for action as driven by multiple functional leaders.
- Solid proficiency in MS Office Suite with ability to generate queries/reports and analyze data to execute sound business decisions.
- Job ID: req109254
- Category: Human Resources
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.