Honeywell Senior Engineer – Test System Design in Kansas City, Missouri
Senior Engineer – Test System Design
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system.Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
This challenging engineering position will fulfill a technical role within the Test Equipment Engineering Organization as a system hardware designer.In the role, you will support tester design projects implementing automated test solutions for production and product development activities.
Summary of Duties:
- Lead engineer responsible for test system design, validation and deployment
- Supports project planning and manages project resources, including multiple individuals and disciplines, to achieve quality, delivery, and cost objectives
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams
- Generates test documentation and perform verification and validation testing of automated testers to assure all requirement are being supported
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability
- Interacts with customers, design agency and/or supplier counterparts to resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and acceptance issues
- Based on research, applies, develops and recommends innovative methodologies and technologies which are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing and design problems
- Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flowtime, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety
- Performs highly complex calibration and measurement services, recommends changes in calibration procedures to improve services, and solves special measurement problems
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain DOE “Q” security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent discipline from ABET accredited program/university
- Five (5) or more years of relevant engineering experience design and deployment of test system or new product introduction (NPI)
Note: Candidates with engineering work experience may apply and may be considered for higher level engineering job classifications (Engineer II, III or Senior) commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.
- MS in Engineering from ABET accredited institution
- Prefer Seven (7) or more years of experience in design and deployment of test system or new product introduction (NPI)
- Ability to apply advanced design, development, evaluation, production, and quality control techniques to highly complex Electrical Engineering concepts and projects
- Demonstrated technical innovation and problem solving
- Significant experience in a manufacturing or design environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work without supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making
- Ability to provide technical guidance, project management, consultative services, and innovative solutions
- Existing DOE Q clearance
Interested in Honeywell but this isn't the right job for you? Join Honeywell's Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
- Job ID: 00343155
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.