Honeywell Senior Electrical Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Senior Electrical Engineer
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is searching for a number of Electrical Engineers to fill multiple Electrical Engineer positions currently available for experienced engineers, including product engineering, process engineering, purchased product engineering, systems engineering and electrical testing.
Job title (Engineer II, III or Senior) will be commensurate with level of experience.
Summary of Duties:
- Executes a variety of moderately complex and complex engineering assignments and provides detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management
- Participates in establishing operating procedures for new products and components
- Develops test procedures and performs engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flow time
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
- Interacts with and presents to design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations such as the Integrated Supply Chain to assist in resolving design, development, production and acceptance issues
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field; Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety; Influences technical direction and decision–making
- Mentors and coaches earlier in career engineers and technicians
- Availability to travel up to 10%
Note: The business has multiple positions for experienced electrical engineers. Candidates with greater experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered for a higher level engineering classification commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.
20 Plan and execute project tasks
20 Assist product and process certification
20 Ensure project and product compliance
20 tablish and follow methodologies
20 Propose technical improvements
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (e.g., Computer; Aerospace) from an ABET accredited institution, or BS Physics.
- Three (3) or more years of applied experience in progressively challenging engineering roles in a technical or manufacturing environment
- Advanced degree in engineering or engineering management
- Engineers with five (5) or more years of experience preferred; engineers with extensive experience may be considered for the senior level
- Experience interacting with and presenting to multiple levels of technical stakeholders and customers
- Experience connecting design to manufacturing, driving consistency, reliability and producibility
- Interest in and willingness to undertake variety of engineering assignments (e.g., product, process, leadership) through the course of career
- Experience managing interface with vendors; acquisition of COTS materials, components and devices (for some positions)
- Experience coaching and mentoring early in career and/or peer technical employees
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req106001
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.