Honeywell Quality Engineer - Electrical in Kansas City, Missouri
Quality Engineer - Electrical
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell FM&T is searching for several Quality Engineers to support our work at the Kansas City National Security Campus. Quality Engineers perform routine to moderately complex engineering and quality control functions. They analyze designs and specifications to achieve efficient, cost effective and reliable quality processes, applying mathematical, physical science, engineering, and statistical technologies. They lead teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, and acceptance of products.
Note: The business has multiple positions for experienced electrical engineers. Candidates with greater experience are encouraged to apply and may be considered for a higher level engineering classification commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.Job title (Engineer II, III or Senior) will be commensurate with level of experience.
Summary of Duties:
- Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety of products and assemblies.
- Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for inspection processes.
- Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product acceptance.
- Provides technical assistance to inspection areas.
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product discrepancies.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements specific and preventative corrective actions.
- Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests, capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance issues.
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and leads technical project teams.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
Some travel (10-25%) is required.
25 Collaborate with engineering teams
25 Perform specification review
25 Prepare or update reports and documentation
25 Apply prescriptive methodology to project tasks
YOU MUST HAVE
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy Q-level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Aerospace, or Chemical Engineering an ABET accredited institution/program is required.
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance, inspection, and/or vendor management is a plus.
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to develop effective acceptance processes and improve existing processes
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex technical problems.
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve existing processes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead other associates and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer deliverables.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell FM&T Overview
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req118001
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.