Honeywell Project Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
An experienced engineer is sought to provide engineering product and process support for complex assemblies typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge and/or skill. The candidate will be expected to perform production process development, evaluation, and quality control functions on complex engineering projects, regularly offering innovative solutions to technical problems. Apply mathematical, physical science, and advanced engineering technologies in accomplishing engineering objectives. The engineer will exercise latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
Summary of Duties:
- Interfaces with customers, design agency personnel, suppliers, and internal organizations to resolve design, development, production and acceptance issues.
- Executes, participates in, directs, influences or coordinates completion of tasks within larger projects with responsibility for completion of work on schedule.
- Assists in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of senior or staff level engineers or departmental management.
- Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention.
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs.
- Interacts with suppliers and internal organizations to assure compatibility between requirements and process capability.
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety.
- Troubleshoot development and production products and processes.
- Lead or participate in development builds for mechanical and electrical assemblies and components.
- Participate heavily with the design partners in design-for-production and design-for-test techniques.
- Manage multiple assignments and responsibilities concurrently.
Participate in design reviews including presenting material to a group.
25 Project Managment
25 Engineering Analysis
25 Develops Test Procedures
25 Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited program or an equivalent ABET accredited engineering degree.
- Minimum three (3) years directly applied engineering experience.
- Experience managing 1 or more technical projects, including scope, schedule and cost.
- Experience interpreting technical drawings and documents.
- Skilled with MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability in analytical skills, mathematical computations, computer software applications, written documentation.
- Familiarity with six sigma tools and processes.
- Experience in engineering-related administrative activities such as configuration management, product testing procedures & data entry.
- Experience writing work instructions and working closely with production operators.
- Ability to analyze defects and to write corrective actions to address the defects.
- Ability to interface effectively with support organizations and internal customers and exercise judgment to determine appropriate action.
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req107414
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.