Honeywell Program Management Director in Kansas City, Missouri
Program Management Director
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The Program Management Office Director reports to the Office of the President and is a member of Senior Staff. This position is responsible for leading all FM&T major programmatic excellence activities. Responsible for directing, administering, and managing all aspects of PMO for design, manufacture, procurement and testing of weapons programs, as well as work-for-other customers, delivering quality, time-to-market, and cost targets for a business with $1B in annual revenue and 2700 employees with an organization comprised of about 120 employees across four sites.
Summary of Duties:
Extensive interface with Program Managers, Cost Account Managers, Technical Managers, product line engineers, the integrated supply chain team, contracts, program planning & control, finance, and the on-site support teams. This position also requires extensive interface and leadership with customers. The position is jointly accountable for developing and deploying cost effective, proactive processes and methods to achieve improvements in program performance, leading to improved Cost Effectiveness, enabling more money to be spent in support of the NNSA and Other Government Agency Missions. Program Excellence will result in improvements in time to market, program delivery/commitment performance and cost control & competitiveness throughout the life-cycle.
This position shares accountability for program expenditures, delivery, content and quality. Additional responsibilities include analyzing program management processes, conducting independent program reviews and sponsoring the development and deployment of common program management tools such as Earned Value Management (EVMS), Tiered accountability of an Integrate Master Schedule and monthly EVMS reporting and Variation (VAR) Analysis.
40 Program Management
30 Government Relations
YOU MUST HAVE:
- B.S. in Business, Finance, Engineering or scientific field
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain U.S. Department of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- 10 years of progressive experience in project/program management
- 3 years interfacing with design agencies, Government representatives, internal/external customers, or suppliers to negotiate, plan, schedule, monitor and report on customer requirements
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 1 year managing PM for a DOE/NNSA M&O/DOD contract or Commercial Program utilizing EVMS
- 1 year managing business development functions
- Concentrated nine years within a project/ program management leadership role
- Extensive relationships within the Nuclear Security Enterprise
- Extensive managerial experience related to program management (Cumulative program size of $50 million +) and management of plant technical functions.
- Knowledge and experience with Program Management standards such as EVMS, CMMI and PMI
- Six Sigma knowledge required, Black Belt certification preferred
- Change agent for development of a commitment/performance driven proactive culture
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, public speaking) are required
- Organizational savvy and the ability to develop and foster a common vision across functional boundaries
- Must be proactive, self-starter, able to thrive in a dynamic and lean environment and deal creatively with resource constraint issues and uncertainty
- Demonstrated positive impact of leadership ability, including direct and influence management skills
- Strong supervisory skills with an ability to work across organizational boundaries
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the World
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req114282
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 14520 Botts Road, Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.