Honeywell Production Fabricator (Any Shift) in Kansas City, Missouri
Production Fabricator (Any Shift)
P roduction Fabricator
Starting Hourly Wage - $16.80
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages theU. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, wherewe research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
Summary of Duties:
• Responsible for production requiring handwork and assembly operations on mechanical, electrical, plastic, rubber, and sheet metal products, including assemblies requiring repair, modification, retrofit or conversion.
• To be successful in this role, one should have dexterity, versatility, and ingenuity and strive to implement continuous improvements and other Honeywell Operating System initiatives and assumes a variety of shop roles when needed.
• Performs a variety of tasks including sheet metal layout and construction work, shearing, sawing, brush alodine, heat treating, deburring, sandblasting, marking, molding, bonding, paint application, cleaning operations on equipment and product.
• Sets up, operates, and monitors all processing equipment necessary to perform job task. Selects tools when not prescribed.
• May assist tool makers and welders and performs machine operations such as drilling, tapping, tool sharpening, shearing, sawing with metal cutting bandsaw and hand fit work as directed.
• May work under the direction of a journeyman, but may also be assigned work by a team manager, if such work is not normally performed by a journeyman and the work request can be completed without the guidance or assistance of a journeyman.
• May be required to cut material to finished dimensions.
• Performs painting per drawing requirements.
• May be required to maintain storage of machine accessory items.
• Performs work necessary for the proper movement and control of parts and materials within the department and may use hand operated electric fork trucks.
• Performs in process packaging.
• Performs necessary cleaning operations on equipment and product to assure quality work.
• Works from prints, specifications, regulations, sketches, written and oral work instructions.
• Responsible for work verification and performs rework as required.
• Completes paperwork and computer data entries as required by the task.
• May perform in-process inspection. May check and top off lubricants as necessary.
• Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Health, Safety, and Environment of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Must be able to work any shift needed.
You Must Have:
• US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 2 years of experience operating production equipment assembling or inspecting complex parts and assemblies or technical education or applicable military experience.
• 3+ years of demonstrated success in a manufacturing environment.
• Basic computer skills experience.
- Job ID: req92920
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: Kansas City, MO USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.