Honeywell Process Engineering Supervisor in Kansas City, Missouri
Process Engineering Supervisor
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
This position supervises the activities of engineering/laboratory technologists employees engaged in various phases of conducting and evaluating environmental or nondestructive tests and maintaining environmental and nondestructive testing equipment.
This positon will support 2ndand/or 3rdshift. Actual shift hours to be determined in support of business needs and partnership with 1stshift supervisor.
Summary of Duties:
- Utilizes and motivates employees to obtain maximum output in terms of quality and performance; implements HOS methodology
- In some areas, works closely with planning to ensure the availability of expense and floor stock materials and procurement of raw materials
- Matches resources (equipment and personnel) to plan work assignments, batch sizes, and production quantities
- Assures compliance to and encourages employee involvement in Environment, Safety and Health (ES&H) activities, security policies, good housekeeping, company policies and cost effectiveness.
- Implements quality policies and delegates and disseminates instructions to staff.
- Trains or provides training for laboratory employees.
- Sets appropriate schedules and priorities and controls quality and costs.
- Suggests and effects changes, improvements and new laboratory technologies, methods and equipment in accordance with quality objectives.
- Coordinates activities with, product and process engineer, production control, inspection, and analytical labs to improve testing services.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvement and employee involvement activities.
- Directly supervises employees and performs other managerial responsibilities including interviewing, hiring, and training engineering/laboratory technologists; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Coordinates with the other laboratory supervisor (s) to ensure cross-shift performance to standard.
15 Lead productivity projects
20 Utilize Six Sigma tools
10 Develop process control plans
30 Directly supervise team of employees
25 Train and develop team of employees
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, science, manufacturing operations, supply chain or related technical/business field
- Two or more years’ experience in engineering, manufacturing or a quality function
- Two or more years’ experience leading a staff and/or project team
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified
- Open to work other shift hours based on business needs (either 2ndor 3rd)
- Experience reflective of ability to read and write complex laboratory related instructions
- Working knowledge of production planning methods, quality operations, and laboratory protocol
- Strong computer aptitude including ability to manage and interpret technical data
- Strong organizational and project planning and project management skills
- Evidence of ability to communicate on multiple levels including upper management and engineering
Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- 2nd Shift
- Job ID: req93716
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.