Honeywell Engineering Support Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
Engineering Support Specialist
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
We have multiple Engineering Support Specialist positions currently available. Engineering Support Specialists perform a variety of moderately complex engineering support assignments requiring knowledge of manufacturing, business, and project management processes.
Positions potentially include specialist II & senior; level placement is driven by scope of work and candidate experience credentials.
Summary of Duties:
- Partner with engineers, technicians, and operations personnel in product development activities.
- Create or draft new Manufacturing Execution System (MES) routings using existing templates or released routings. Perform updates and/or maintenance to existing MES factory instructions. Examples include Advance Change Order (ACO) changes, specification changes, changes in inspection technique, part number changes and the addition or deletion of operations approved by the Process Engineers.
- Create and maintain quality documentation required for product acceptance. This includes Addendum Index (NX), DPMO, BOM, Non-Conformance Reports (NCR), Corrective Action Requests (CAR), Purchased Product Definition (PPD), Purchased Order Quality Requirements (POQR), Laboratory Test Requests (LTR), Pentagon S (/S/) requirement maps and any other required documentation.
- Adhere to factory instruction standards as defined in Command Media. Review with other parties such as Production Control, Quality Engineering, Inspection, Product Engineering and Operations before final release to minimize subsequent changes. Review and revise related manufacturing, process or inspection documents. Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to work instructions. Work with Configuration Management to ensure drawing and specification change information is documented appropriately into factory instructions.
- Assist project managers in cost management, generation of Cost Price Estimates (CPE), risk assessments, and tracking against cost and schedule requirements.
- Maintain and generate project files in the format and manner as required including Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS), project tracking, quad charts. May generate and maintain project plans and assist in monitoring baseline changes that could lead to revised project task agreements. Assist in establishing and performing production readiness reviews. Assist in training and documenting training for shop floor or inspection workforce.
Perform capital equipment inventory and need assessment required by accounting and others. Maintain ownership of tools to be used for creating or viewing factory instruction and factory instruction related aids. Process production or inspection tool orders and follow up on the procurement process and schedules.
25 Project management
25 Communication management
25 Knowledge management
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain US Dept. of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Associates Degree in technical field or business, or equivalent (2 or more years) relevant military experience
- Two (2) or more years of experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Two (2)or more years' demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Suite desktop applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business field
- Five (5) or more years of experience preferred, in an engineering or manufacturing environment with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience in engineering-related administrative activities such as configuration management, financial reporting, product testing procedures & data entry preferred
- Experience working in Enhanced Need-To-Know environment
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP); Earned Value Management (EVM); Primavera P6
- Demonstrated history of gathering, analyzing and rep
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Nonexempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req107062
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.