Honeywell Engineer I Mechanical in Kansas City, Missouri
Engineer I Mechanical
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Honeywell is seeking a number of Early in Career Electrical Engineers. Multiple Electrical Engineer positions are currently available, including product engineering, process engineering, purchased product engineering, systems engineering and electrical testing. Job title will be commiserate with level of experience.
Summary of duties:
- Executes a variety of engineering assignments and provides detailed instructions in the design and/or project management of new and current projects, products, programs, components, tools and acceptance equipment under technical guidance of higher level engineers or departmental management
- Participates in establishing operating procedures for new products and components
- Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention based on standard or accepted solutions
- Prepares evaluation reports, analyzes discrepancies, and makes recommendations for product, test equipment, procedures and manufacturing or operating processes that improve productivity and quality and reduce flowtime
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs
- Defines and acquires tooling, gaging and other equipment necessary to manufacture parts and to assure product quality
- Interacts with and presents to design agencies, suppliers and/or internal organizations such as the Integrated Supply Chain to assist in resolving design, development, production and acceptance issues
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field; Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduce flowtime, and enhance operational surety
Note: The business has multiple electrical engineer positions. This posting is targeting early career engineers, from recent graduates to those with up to three (3) years of experience. Candidates with greater experience may apply and may be considered for a higher level engineering classification commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.
25 Collaborate with engineering teams
25 Apply prescriptive methodology to project task
25 Perform specification review
25 Prepare or update reports and documentation
YOU MUST HAVE:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Department of Energy “Q” level security clearance
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (e.g., Computer; Aerospace) from an ABET accredited institution, or BS Physics.
- Advanced degree in engineering or engineering management
- Experience interacting with and presenting to multiple levels of technical stakeholders and customers
- Experience connecting design to manufacturing, driving consistency, reliability and producibility
- Interest in and willingness to undertake variety of engineering assignments (e.g., product, process, leadership) through the course of career
- Experience managing interface with vendors; acquisition of COTS materials, components and devices (for some positions)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Availability to travel up to 10%
- Interest in and willingness to consider relocation as part of career development
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req106161
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.