Honeywell Electrical Engineer in Kansas City, Missouri
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
This Electrical Engineer position will fulfill a technical role in the Telemetry Engineering organization. Engineers in this organization provide engineering support of highly technical and advanced manufacturing processes typically requiring specialized qualifications, knowledge, and/or skill. This engineer will perform project management, as well as development, evaluation, production, and quality control functions on complex engineering projects and electrical assembly devices. This Engineering position will exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments.
Summary of Duties:
- Assists in the development of test procedures and performance of routine to moderately complex engineering evaluation tests, product and process capability studies, quality audits, product or project data reviews, and other engineering evaluation work.
- Estimates set-up times, flow times, costs of production and acceptance equipment, and compiles cost estimates and delivery quotations, monitors performance and prepares reports, statistics and recommendations for management review.
- Assists in the preparation of product or project definitions, manufacturing drawings and specifications, and test equipment designs.
- Interacts with design agencies and/or internal organizations to assist in resolving design, development, productions and acceptance issues.
- Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and responsibilities concurrently.
- Provides technical assistance in appropriate assigned field.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve productivity and quality, reduces flowtime and enhance operational surety.
May perform other duties as assigned.
45 Plan and execute project tasks
10 Assist product and process certification
30 Ensure project and product compliance
10 sent to leadership and external customers
5 Suggest enhancements to advance projects
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy “Q” level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited Engineering program.
- Two (2) or more years of applied engineering experience in a manufacturing or technical environment.
Note: Candidates with more experience may apply and may be considered for higher level engineering positions (Engineer III; Senior Engineer) commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.
- Existing DOE Q clearance.
- MS in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited institution preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Interest in applied engineering career in a technology or manufacturing business.
- Ability to plan and organize, demonstrate excellent time management and support several projects at once.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing or quality processes and techniques.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in engineering products or processes or comparable related technical activities.
- Preview relevant internship experience or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to interface effectively with internal and external organizations.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Relocation Provided
- Some Travel Required
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req93342
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.