Honeywell Cyber Security Analyst II in Kansas City, Missouri
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
As a Cyber Security team member, provides security guidance and expertise and performs and coordinates design, development, maintenance and quality control functions on complex computer security projects and systems. Develops solutions to business operations computer security problems by applying information systems security technology. Familiarization with all cybersecurity requirements and policies and interacting with NNSA, DOE HQTS, and other leadership.
Responsibilities: * Develops security policy to comply with security requirements as defined by the customer. * Evaluates security requirements and conducts feasibility studies to examine software requirements, administration costs, information flow, etc. * Analyzes, designs, tests, implements, and maintains moderately complex computing security systems including hardware, software, data bases, networks, and/or telecommunication for PCs, workstations, minicomputers, microprocessors, or mainframes. * Plans and schedules computer security project activities and monitors and reports project progress while maintaining project and computer security documentation. * Works with clients to implement system security measures, assists with computer security plans and documentation and provides technical guidance and training. * Performs installation, functional and performance testing, maintenance, and modification of vendor supplied hardware, software, DBMS, network and telecommunication computer security products. * Resolves routine computer security problems and coordinates the resolution of more complex computer security issues. * Demonstrates knowledge about computer security applications software and is able to train clients and assist them in resolving computer security problems. * Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technological advances that improve computing system security, reduce flow time, and enhance operational surety.
You Must Have:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, Cyber Security or an equivalent combination of formal education and experience appropriate for the assigned duties.
* 2 years of experience in a cyber security environment.
* US Citizenship, capable of obtaining & maintaining appropriate government security clearance.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
* Organization and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
* Working knowledge of programming language structures and logic, software design tools, and methods.
* Ability to program and/or script to programmatically solve complex technical tasks.
* Knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures and the corresponding host/network access controls and mitigation techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to characterize and analyze network traffic or system behavior to identify anomalous activity and potential threats.
* Skill in conducting queries and developing algorithms to analyze data structures with data analytic tools.
Title: Cyber Security Analyst II
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 00355089