Honeywell Assembler Special Projects (Any Shift) in Kansas City, Missouri
_Assembler Special Projects – 17.26_ __ At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage. Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macrotrends such as energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 22,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on performance, quality, delivery, value and technology in everything we make and do.
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manufactures sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s National Security Campus, where we research, develop and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security.
This classification is restricted to use by the Applied Technologies organization.
Must obtain and retain a higher level clearance in order to qualify for and remain in the classification.
- Performs electrical and mechanical fabrication and assembly operations including storage, receipt, dispersal and control of material, preparation, assembly, verification, test of components and products, packaging and shipping.
- Operations performed include (but not limited to) electrical, mechanical, and chemical processing, finishing, soldering, welding, laser processing, bonding, encapsulation.
- Plans, sets up, and operates all equipment, including joining equipment, necessary to the performance of the task.
- Employee may be required to develop methodologies and make setups to perform the work and gain engineering approval as required.
- Employee will be required to work from work directions, engineering drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, sketches, and other written and verbal instructions.
- Completes the necessary paperwork and records data on products and tests.
- Performs visual, mechanical, and electrical verification of own work and the work of others.
- Performs all security tasks as needed and may be required to travel, hand carry material to other locations, and perform work at those locations.
- Performs operations involved in preparing, combining, connecting, and fabrication of components and subassemblies into assemblies.
- On electrical and electronic assemblies, including microminiature versions, performs potting, encapsulation or impregnation, including oven operations and applying the finishing touches necessary to complete the assembly.
- May be required to perform brush application of touch-up paint and overcoating materials and to move product between departments as well as to and from potting, cleansing, and degreasing areas located within the same group of departments.
- May perform in-process inspection.
- May check and top off lubricants as necessary.
- Responsible for complying with applicable provisions of Article 19. Health, Safety, and Environment of Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Will be able to work shift work.
You Must Have: * US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance. * High school diploma or GED * 2 years’ experience in a production department assembling or inspecting complex parts and assemblies or technical education or applicable military experience.
We Value: * 3 years experience in a manufacturing or military environment with demonstrated ability to work and excel in a team environment. * Demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Experience using Microsoft office applications, including: MS Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. * Demonstrated ability to work with limited guidance.
Job: *Integrated Supply Chain
Title: Assembler Special Projects (Any Shift)
Location: MO-Kansas City
Requisition ID: 00354648