Honeywell Applications Development Analyst in Kansas City, Missouri
Applications Development Analyst
Summary of Duties:
- Develop, enhance and maintain system and data integration for a COTS enterprise web application/database suite.
- Participate in planning sessions with team, customers, and design agency to implement process improvements (such as green belt teams). Assess customer needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to assist in identifying business priorities and advice on options.
- Analyze existing information systems to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements. Evaluate and provide recommendations for new/expanded data sources, work-flows, and software projects. Lead or participate on cross functional teams to implement the improvements.
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures. Maintain quality assurance for software modules, comply with application & team standards, and conduct unit testing of modules to ensure requirements are met.
- Document functions and changes to new or modified features/modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling.
- Enhance and monitor operation, performance, & security monitoring (including logging). Identify new tools, processes, and training to improve team efficiency.
- Provide application support and customer support for a COTS application software suite.
- Work as part of a team to manage multiple activities with conflicting priorities in an organized manner to achieve results.
You Must Have:
- US citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, programming, engineering, or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in programming and maintaining an enterprise web application.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with Oracle, or equivalent experience with other enterprise database technologies.
Note: Candidates with more experience may apply and may be considered for higher level analyst positions within the job family commensurate with candidate credentials and as warranted by the scope of work and current business requirements.
• Seven (7) or more years of applied enterprise database and programming applications development experience preferred
• Proficient with JDA’s SRM, ABPP and Part Navigator software modules.
• Proficient with programming, especially Perl, Java and Bash shell scripting in a Unix (RedHat) environment.
• Experience supporting enterprise applications and databases in a Unix (RedHat) environment.
• Proficient with Toad for Oracle, SQL Developer, or other database client tools.
• Ability to find data sources, reverse engineer data/reports/processes, and cross-reference (map) data to other data.
• Experience with systems &/or data integration.
• Experience with Database Design.
• Effective communication skills (written and oral).
• Green Belt Certification.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and wiki tools.
• Proficiency in automated testing.
- Job ID: 00357564
- Category: Engineering
- Location: ., Kansas City, MO 64147 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.