Honeywell Senior Project Engineer in Kanata, Ontario
Senior Project Engineer
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
This position is for a Senior Project Engineer on the SATCOM team. The Senior Project Engineer will be responsible for planning and execution of development of L-Band SATCOM terminals targeted for Commercial and Military aircraft.
- Managing cost, schedule and technical aspects of the customer specific elements of the program, including detailed program work scope, schedule milestones, earned value methodology, risk/opportunity, staffing, and budget
- Interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with the Core program Project engineer, Program Management and customers to ensure that all requirements, milestones, and objectives are met
- Interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with Suppliers
- Enforcing strict scope management, following the formal change review process deployed on the program. This will involve managing customer expectations and consequently any customer specific requirements and integrating them into the core program schedule
- Provide technical guidance/oversight to programs
- Compliance with Engineering Standard design practices including Tools, Processes, and Documentation
- Managing compliance to customer and OEM requirements and certification of customer specific installations including STC/TC’s, aircraft availability, over-the-air testing etc
- Ability to work successfully with a global workforce
- Communicate key milestones and program information to stakeholders
- Following the RFP process for new business on scheduling and budgeting
- Provide project engineering support as required to the core project engineer
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
20 Schedule and Milestone development/mgmt.
20 customer relationships
20 Understand technology
20 Estimation development and analysis
20 Budget analysis
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Extensive experience in Project Management
- Experience in engineering with strong emphasis on prior engineering project leadership experience
- Experience with Project scheduling tools essential
- Earned Value skills (EV) essential
- Working knowledge of overall engineering disciplines - hardware, software, systems development for the product line highly desired
- Knowledge of SATCOM systems is beneficial
- Very knowledgeable in the areas of cost, schedule, and resource management preferred
- Previous experience in managing STC’s and aircraft certifications is beneficial
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Excellent customer interface skills
- Excellent communications skills; both to employees and to management
- Self-starter, work successfully with minimum direction - History of meeting challenging performance objectives
Exempt Honeywell Aerospace Overview
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: req118178
- Location: Kanata, ON K2V 1B8 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.